OU offers James Johnson

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Last edited:
Interesting considering all the speculation surrounding Terrance Jones and the fact they'd both be playing essentially the same position in college. Has Capel offered Jones?

Interesting considering all the speculation surrounding Terrance Jones and the fact they'd both be playing essentially the same position in college. Has Capel offered Jones?

Good question. Jones does not have an offer from OU on Scout, but Rivals is showing the Sooners have offered. Go figure! :confused:

The profile says his name is James Johnson. Too bad, because I was hoping Capel had found a way to bring NBA star Joe Johnson to Norman.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, his name is James not Joe. I fixed it. I have no idea where Joe came from? Wishful thinking, I suppose. lol

I highly doubt that Jones doesnt have an offer. OU is only recruiting one better player than him at his position. If Oyediji has an offer, so does Jones.

I wonder how big of a weekend he had at that camp? If we don't sign anyone late this year, we'll have:

2 Open schollies
Crocker, Warren, Wright, Gerber

That gives us 6 for next year with TJ already on board.

I wonder how big of a weekend he had at that camp? If we don't sign anyone late this year, we'll have:

2 Open schollies

Judging by the report, Johnson did more than turn a few heads at that camp. Here's a tidbit that will give you some idea about what must have been an impressive performance:

After sitting out his junior season because of a transfer to San Diego (Calif.) Morse, Johnson hit the spring circuit. In early May his name began to circulate, then he performed well at the Nike Memorial Day Classic

Last weekend at the Pangos All-American Camp, Johnson did it again. With a number of scouts watching his every move the class of 2010 product made play after play and proved himself as a high major prospect and a future Top 50 player.

2 Open schollies

Beau is a walk on, I don't think his academic scholarship counts toward the limit.

Here is a pick of James:

799238.jpg

It sounds like Arizona got in on him before we did....they may be tough to beat out for his services considering they are a lot closer to home.

I guess this Johnson kid is a dunking machine. His progress bears watching because he may actually be a top 50 player since he hasn't been evaluated during the school year. There has been an uptick in west coast recruiting this year. I personally would like to see some recruiting roots established there.

Last edited:
Per Capel yesterday..

* Didn't close the door on signing another player in the late period. Said it would need to be an impact player, because they have six ships to give for next year's class and feel "really, really good" about what they've got going. When he said "really, really, good" he said in an excited mini-laugh tone, which is encouraging.

Back