OU showing interest in 7 footer, Isaac Freeman

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
Do any stories on scout mention when he picked up the MU offer? This is the first I've heard of him.

Do any stories on scout mention when he picked up the MU offer? This is the first I've heard of him.

No, the story states that "“Missouri, Drexel, Massachusetts, and Central Florida have shown the most interest." His profile shows that Mizzou is one of the schools to offer, but there is no timeline to show when the offer was made.

Even if the info is accurate, it's possible (maybe likely) that the offer has been withdrawn since then and Scout's web site hasn't been updated to reflect the change. Just sayin' that could explain why you haven't heard of him.

Scout (for Mizzou news, at least) is awful. Unless there are direct quotes from Freeman (and it appears there aren't any), I'll just assume the offer doesn't exist.

I actually prefer 6' 9" to 6' 11" players over 7 footers. That extra 2 to 3 inches seems to make a huge difference in footwork and agility. It's rare when you see a 7 footer who can walk and chew gum at the same time. There have been some good ones over the years. Just not nearly enough to make me jump for joy when I read that OU is in on one.

Scout (for Mizzou news, at least) is awful. Unless there are direct quotes from Freeman (and it appears there aren't any), I'll just assume the offer doesn't exist.

Mizzou has offered. Not sure when they did, but I've seen two sources today that said they have.

Still mentions OU as being interested. Not sure why we wouldn't have offered, if we haven't. We're certainly not in on anybody definitely better at this point.

I read a bit about this guy the other day. I still don't know how seriously MU is pursuing him (I think he's down the list a bit), but I wouldn't complain at all if we got him. You're rarely going to have 13 guys on scholarship who contribute nightly. Taking a shot on a guy over 7 feet tall every now and then is worth the risk.

Back