>>>>>>>OU-CSU Baskersfield Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-CSU Baskersfield Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

I've read all 12 pages of this thread and I've come to the conclusion that OU has the worst, or at the very least, the most entitled fans in all of college basketball. If this were not so sad, it would almost be funny.

Sooner 1234 is absolutely the worst, but there are about a dozen others who could give him a pretty good run for his money.

We beat an tough and upset-minded team today by double digits (14 points) and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament. What could be better than that? I don't think we could ask for, or expect, anything more. How did the mighty Spartans fare today against their 15 seed?

Bakersfield played loose for most of the game and we started out a little tight. How many lower seeds have won the last two days? Survive and advance.

I've read all 12 pages of this thread and I've come to the conclusion that OU has the worst, or at the very least, the most entitled fans in all of college basketball. If this were not so sad, it would almost be funny.

Sooner 1234 is absolutely the worst, but there are about a dozen others who could give him a pretty good run for his money.

We beat an tough and upset-minded team today by double digits (14 points) and advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament. What could be better than that? I don't think we could ask for, or expect, anything more. How did the mighty Spartans fare today against their 15 seed?

This Team was picked as the toughest 15 seed in the Tourney. If weren't so terrible at the FT line. Spangler needs to get in the damn gym and shoot some damn FTs. It's going to cost us if we don't improve. Do that against VCU were going home.

Your bias opinions are almost as bad as your math skills .
I counted Woodard with it because he's been a starter over 100 games. But still almost 50 points between the big 3 seniors. Next year will not be near as fun without em.

Bakersfield played loose for most of the game and we started out a little tight. How many lower seeds have won the last two days? Survive and advance.

That's exactly it, in a nutshell. CS Bakersfield was never going to win this game, though they played about as well as they possibly could.

His AVERAGE against bad talent . Again Buddy played passive for 30 minutes . If you think if was phenomenal defense then you are a straight up homer and no basketball hack.

The whole team played asleep minus cousins for most of the game . I would expect a more sense of urgency from the sr's.

Go back and find where I used the word "phenomenal"? I said they were in his shorts and they were. They kept rotating fresh guys and they gave up fouls instead of allowing him to get loose. I know you don't really like when OU has success and I'm not sure why but even the most nabob of negativity can at least admit they attempted to shut him down and he still found ways to score and lead the team to victory.

This Team was picked as the toughest 15 seed in the Tourney. If weren't so terrible at the FT line. Spangler needs to get in the damn gym and shoot some damn FTs. It's going to cost us if we don't improve. Do that against VCU were going home.

The toughest?

I thought they were easily the worst 15.

Bakersfield's #42 had 16 points at halftime. He was held scoreless in the second half.

At times it was like playing at WVU

They'd let the CSUB guards bump Cousins all the way down the court. And we get called on several inconsequential touch fouls.

Refs hate Christian James.

They'd let the CSUB guards bump Cousins all the way down the court. And we get called on several inconsequential touch fouls.

Refs hate Christian James.

Correct on both counts.

Bakersfield isn't that bad. But again Buddy also had 5 boards, 2 steals, 2 blocks. Not a bad game for someone that sucked on defense.

Bakersfield is TCU.

The non-conference don't lie.

I like to point out that we out scored them by 22 after the 8-0 start. And that is with all the missed free throws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to point out that we out scored them by 22 after the 8-0 start. And that is with all the missed free throws

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt the missed FT's allowed them to stay in the game when it should have been out of reach.

How did the mighty Spartans fare today against their 15 seed?

I'm not discontent with OU's game today.

That said, bringing up MSU's loss today is lame. Sometimes you lose b/c you didn't play very well, just aren't as good as you thought, or didn't execute. And sometimes you play a great game and a team makes everything they throw up. That's what happened to MSU today. They didn't play particularly bad. Certainly didn't play D bad enough to deserve giving up 90 points. But sometimes they other team just doesn't miss. It happens.

I'm not discontent with OU's game today.

That said, bringing up MSU's loss today is lame. Sometimes you lose b/c you didn't play very well, just aren't as good as you thought, or didn't execute. And sometimes you play a great game and a team makes everything they throw up. That's what happened to MSU today. They didn't play particularly bad. Certainly didn't play D bad enough to deserve giving up 90 points. But sometimes they other team just doesn't miss. It happens.

Pardon my lameness, but thanks for confirming my point.

That's what happened to MSU today. They didn't play particularly bad. Certainly didn't play D bad enough to deserve giving up 90 points. But sometimes they other team just doesn't miss. It happens.

MSU didn't lead for a single second yesterday and MTSU shredded their defense the entire game, including a large number of back cuts for layups. To insinuate that MTSU was throwing up shots and they were simply just going in, is completely spinning what actually happened.

MSU didn't lead for a single second yesterday and MTSU shredded their defense the entire game, including a large number of back cuts for layups. To insinuate that MTSU was throwing up shots and they were simply just going in, is completely spinning what actually happened.

MTSU made 3-4 more threes than they averaged all season, and shot 58% from three when they average about 40% on the season. That was the difference in the game right there.

Sure they got some easy hoops. When you shoot from three like that, even if MSU knows they are already defending those shots well, MSU is going to start overreacting and there will be some easy buckets had as a result of that. That's not rocket science.

I doubt another team in the first round hit that many threes at that percentage rate. But you're right, that wasn't a factor at all.

MTSU made 3-4 more threes than they averaged all season, and shot 58% from three when they average about 40% on the season. That was the difference in the game right there.

Sure they got some easy hoops. When you shoot from three like that, even if MSU knows they are already defending those shots well, MSU is going to start overreacting and there will be some easy buckets had as a result of that. That's not rocket science.

I doubt another team in the first round hit that many threes at that percentage rate. But you're right, that wasn't a factor at all.

Sorry, but MSU was an average defensive team all year (51st in defensive efficiency) and yesterday they got worked over. It isn't rocket science. But you are right, MSU's poor defense wasn't a factor at all.

If OU had given up 91 points to MTSU no way you are typing out these same excuses for the Sooners. No way. But spin away.

If OU had given up 91 points to MTSU no way you are typing out these same excuses for the Sooners. No way. But spin away.

My thoughts exactly. Amazing how some of our fans rush to defend other programs, but make no similar excuses for our team.

Back