*********OU-Texas Tech Game Thread **********

Lets shut the door now. I will be happy with a 1-point win. Just win baby!

Pledger steal and free throws makes it 54-47 OU leads with 2:21 left.

Great dish by Blair and dunk by Osby puts OU up 56-48 with 1:23 left.

56-50 with 1:09 to go. Osby going to the line.

Osby hits them both. 57-50 with just over a minute to go.

Tech hits a three and Osby fouled again with 54.9 seconds left. 58-53.

Tech misses shot in the lane, Osby rebounds and fouled again with 44.5 seconds left.

Osby makes them both to go up 61-53 with 44.5 seconds left.

OU great from the line tonight. That's huge in this ugly game.

Tech turns it over. OU ball with 33.4 left.

Time to pop open the victory can of Mountain Dew.

It's a final. OU manages to not out-suck Tech with a 64-55 win.

Any win in conference play is a good game. OU needs to win two of the next four. This team is going to have to battle to be .500 in conference play all season but I think they can do it. Osby and Fitz are proving to be a nice front court.

I sure would like to see Arent step up and help off the bench a little more. If he could just contribute a few points and few boards a game it would be a big help. I am a bit concerned some of the guys don't have confidence in him because I saw at least one play when he was open and Grooms did not want to give him the ball (or he didn't see him) and turned it over forcing to someone else.

I really think Carl Blair is doing a nice job contributing. I would like to see Neal find his shot. A few points off the bench from Neal would really help this team.

I'll take any win we can get, but that game was excruciating. Even the officials were annoying. I'm not saying they favored either team, but man, they had a knack for blowing the whistle just when something worth watching might have happened. Half those traveling calls were of the phantom or nitpick variety.

Ugly, ugly, ugly -- but a win, so beautiful in the end.

I'm on the verge of gouging my eyes out with a knife watching this game.

Said the same to my wife but replaced knife with "red hot poker". Awful basketball by both teams but a win is nice. Kruger can use the film as motivation to show them they just canno go through the motions.

Back