OU-Utah TV coverage

Lakefork

Reaction score
Hope this doesn't reach the confusion levels of the Great Alask Shootout, but to me there is some mystery. This primarily applies to those of us who don't live in Ok and have direct tv (and the college football and basketball packages) to be able to watch OU games.

On the scheule that is linked from this website it has Versus listed as the channel the Utah game will be on. For the last month this has had me very angry b/c VS is no longer on Direct TV over a contract dispute. This was all right during football since no OU games were on that channel, but I did miss out on a few big 12 games I would like to have watched.

Last night, doing my "Oklahoma" search on Tivo, the Utah game shows up on the Mountain, which is channel 616.

I hope this is true. Anyone know the specifics?

Hope this doesn't reach the confusion levels of the Great Alask Shootout, but to me there is some mystery. This primarily applies to those of us who don't live in Ok and have direct tv (and the college football and basketball packages) to be able to watch OU games.

On the scheule that is linked from this website it has Versus listed as the channel the Utah game will be on. For the last month this has had me very angry b/c VS is no longer on Direct TV over a contract dispute. This was all right during football since no OU games were on that channel, but I did miss out on a few big 12 games I would like to have watched.

Last night, doing my "Oklahoma" search on Tivo, the Utah game shows up on the Mountain, which is channel 616.

I hope this is true. Anyone know the specifics?

I have DirecTV as well, but haven't looked at our schedule for the Utah game yet. Do know for a fact that the Mountain is on 616, because that is where I catch my New Mexico Lobos action.

I know Versus is owned by Comcast and that is where the dispute is arising, hope the Mountain is broadcasting the game.

Lakefork, I have dtv as well. I recently subscribed to the sportspack. If it's on that channel you should be able to get it with sportspack, unless it's been blacked out in your area. Usually local broadcasts have first priority, but occasionally if the cable company has it locally it will also be blacked out. Comcast (who has the rights to versus) is not available where I live in Ok, so I believe I will be able to get it on that channel. Thanks for the heads up! :clap

The Mtn. is showing the UNM/Texas A&M game, OU will only be on Versus.

What about for those of us IN oklahoma. I have no idea what versus is. I just have Cox Cable.

What about for those of us IN oklahoma. I have no idea what versus is. I just have Cox Cable.

It's a sports network and check to see if it is listed on your cable lineup. If not, then you are out of luck outside of an internet telecast feed.

You have to pay extra for versus if you have cox. You have to purchase one of the sports packages that gets you espnu, versus and some other channels for $4 or $5.

You have to pay extra for versus if you have cox. You have to purchase one of the sports packages that gets you espnu, versus and some other channels for $4 or $5.

which should be a no brainer if you are a sports fan ... espnu alone has like 300 basketball games ... most in HD ..

VS has lots of football and basketball in HD as well ..

I have DirecTV and Versus was on channel 603 and it's blacked out as already mentioned because of the contract dispute. MTN is on channel 616 and it shows a Utah / BYU football game. I checked ESPN Full Court and the Sports Pack and no luck there either. All my local channels are in Houston.

Am I missing something or did all my DTV options strike out?

I live in SLC and am going to the game...any other Utah Sooners heading out there?

Sorry folks. The OU-Utah game is being shown on the Mountain ON MODNDAY and not live today.

F'ing Direct TV and Versus. It's annoying to get all these sports packages and still not be able to watch games.

I've checked channelsurfing and it's not showing up.

Grrrrrrr

Back