OU vs #5 Baylor 2 pm CST on ESPN+

The refs didn’t cost us this game. Come on. Every single game.

That could have been called a flagrant but it was obviously incidental contact. He didn’t know groves was going to bend down when he jumped.

would OU have won the game .... i doubt it ..

did OU have some Momentum (down only 5) yes

would one of baylor best Offensive players fouled out on that play (flagrant or not yes )

refs stopped play just before this when OU had 5 on 4 and a guy went down with no contact ...

on this play Groves took a flying knee to the head with no stop no call and no review (until OU asked for one which cost OU a time out )

the refs took away any chance OU had to win right there

This season is going nowhere. I am hopeful Moser will recruit better players and build a better team. He’s already off to a good start.

Losing sucks and this team is going to lose a lot of games. 6 game losing streak coming. We might not win more than 3-4 games the rest of the season. Yikes. Looking to next season and beyond.

if OU wins 6 more they make the Dance

The refs didn’t cost us this game. Come on. Every single game.

That could have been called a flagrant but it was obviously incidental contact. He didn’t know groves was going to bend down when he jumped.

The play happened when the score was 47-42 with 6:13 left in the game. If called correctly, it's two shots and the ball for OU. We could have tied the game up just in that one possession. In addition, Akinjo re-injured his tailbone just the play before, and the F1 would have fouled out Mayer from the game.

Your overall point is right the refs didn't cost us the game, OU has to be better on offense, but that sequence ended any chance OU had. I would have loved to see the final 6 minutes with OU going up against Baylor without them having Akinjo or Mayer.

Hell…I’d been ok with just a frickin common foul called. There is no way in hell THAT WASNT A FOUL…

Everyone who played turned it over at least once, and all but two guys had multiple turnovers. We are doing some remarkable things.

I'll be watching for more "Gosh, he didn't mean to do it" rulings from the refs in coming weeks.

Noland has missed two games so far, thanks an elbow to his head that landed with enough force to give him a concussion (and yet went uncalled), and we can only hope that Tanner suffers no lingering effects from the blow to his head today.

Despite all the bad calls…25 turnovers isn’t going to win many or any games in the big12

And every single game you complain about people complaining about the officiating, even about one of the worst non-calls I've ever seen.

I've seen MUCH less contact that was no more intentional called a flagrant 1 dozens of times. That ridiculous call was potentially a 10-point turnaround when the game was still very close. So just this once, let people complain about it without your tiresome lectures.

Groves is awful. The refs shouldn’t reward him for not being tough. If you’re gonna be not very athletic and slow, you should at least ne tough. He makes Brady Manek look like Najera in the toughness category.

Last edited:
Despite all the bad calls…25 turnovers isn’t going to win many or any games in the big12

We went at least 3 3+ minute periods in this game without scoring a point. Honestly we should have lot this game by a lot more.

So if you dive for a loose ball and someone running down the court hits you in the face with his knee should it be a flagrant foul? If intent doesn’t matter then you could just jump into people’s elbows and knees and get that call any time. That was total incidental contact. Groves bent down as Mayer jumped. Yes there was contact but he obviously wasn’t hurt because he was able to jump up and argue vigorously. Maybe if he rolled around on the court holding his face like a soccer player he would have drawn the call.

We would obviously be undefeated and ranked #1 if all the refs in the country didn’t hate us.

Didnt get to watch today. Cortes? Obviously we nt good at all without a Noland or Chargoius. I see the box and wonder what with Bijan

Didnt get to watch today. Cortes? Obviously we nt good at all without a Noland or Chargoius. I see the box and wonder what with Bijan

Bijan is a freshman and it hasn't really clicked with him yet.

He played like a freshman. He was very erratic and not at all effective. I didn’t look at the box score but I remember at least 3 turnovers.

I didn't have a lot of complaints about the officials. But that was about the worst missed call I have ever seen. As an official you can't be doing your job if you don't see that one. There are three of them out there. And a good official will not call a tech when someone is complaining when they know they missed one.

I am liking mawien more every game. Wonder if they would be better off at times with he and Tanner both in the game with Hill moving to wing.

Johnson was sparkling with his short stent but 3 turnovers? Need him to get established in the rotation.

if OU wins 6 more they make the Dance

Agree, I just don’t think they will get there. I’m thinking 3, MAYBE 4 more wins this year. If they can win in Morgantown I might change my tune a bit, but I don’t think they will and they are likely going to get blasted at Auburn.

Good chance OU will finish last in the Big 12.
Is Tanner averaging 10 points a game in Big 12 play?

OU has had the toughest big 12 schedule so far, playing three games against KU and Baylor. We’ll recover and finish middle of the pack.

Bijan is a freshman and it hasn't really clicked with him yet.

Look, Cortes is a little more skilled (high basketball IQ) than I thought, but I feel even better about my comment that he isn't athletic enough to succeed at this level of basketball.

I'm not trying to bash the kid, but when you have his skill set and size, you can't be average at best in terms of foot speed. I'm not completely writing the kid off, as maybe they can work his butt off during the offseason and develop some of that needed speed, but that is generally something you come to college with, or never find.

He can probably be a solid backup for us, but if he is ever our starting PG, I just don't see that as a good thing unless his athleticism improves significantly. Again, props to the kid for being a really smart player and using that to make up for the lack of athleticism, but that only gets you so far when you are playing against talented teams. As seen by the number of deflected passes he's had in recent games.

I have two questions about next year's team:

1. Where is the pg play going to come from?
2. Where is the wing scoring going to come from (ie, it needs to improve)?

Last edited:
Back