OU vs Butler 8pm CST on ESPN2

Ugly loss. Sometimes this team looks really good and other times they look completely lost. This is one that got away from us. Damn.

I thought Tanner Groves was supposed to be a stud. He doesn’t impress me at all.

The rebounding problem was mostly a “getting beat off the dribble” problem IMO. Butler had a couple of good athletes that gave us trouble.

But you still can’t go under a screen while up 2 in OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That final 8 minutes of regulation from us was some of the worst offensive basketball you will ever see. Yuck.

The rebounding problem was mostly a “getting beat off the dribble” problem IMO. Butler had a couple of good athletes that gave us trouble.

If Butler had a couple of good athletes that gave us problems, what are the prospects when we actually face much better teams with good athletes in conference....yikes.

Atrocious loss. Our senior guards looked like they have never seen a zone, and everyone was terrified to shoot until they had no choice at the end of the game. Both losses this season have been absolute giveaways.

We have no one who can create a shot. For all the moaning so many did about Reaves, there is no chance we would have gone eight minutes looking that lifeless last year. Goldwire never even thought about driving until the next to last possession of the second half. We just kept playing catch around the perimeter and making it easy on them.

Brutal loss! Butler playing down 3 players takes the win. We have too many players who can’t throw it in the ocean or even look for a shot. Up next another L vs Arkansas. One thing for certain nobody’s ever said Porter was an offensive coach. Good thing he can coach D!

i like what porter is doing with this roster, it just lacks some natural athleticism and it showed up tonight.

Very disappointing loss. We weren't ready to play. Low energy and hesitant on offense all night except for a few spurts. We shot 31 freaking threes while hitting them at just 29% (and that percentage improved late--for most of the game it was lower than that). Seven minutes down the stretch with no points at all, and awful rebounding. It was the worst 40 minutes we've played this season. We've played worse halves (HBU), but not worse for an entire game. Butler is a solid team, but we should have beaten them by 10 points, especially at home.

I'll tell you who we could have used tonight: Austin Reeves. When we were struggling down the stretch, there was no one to take the game over, to put the team on his back. Harkless hit a couple of key shots, but for most of the last seven or eight minutes, there was no one to play that role.

Team is still work in progress. We can give a lot of teams trouble but we can also suck eggs.

You just CAN'T blow a 13-point 2nd-half lead in THIS game against THAT team. That's the equivalent of blowing a 30-point lead in a real game with real offense. It's just unacceptable and embarrassing, to be honest.

As others have said, we're going to see a lot of zone this year. It takes away Tanner's post-up game, cuts/slashes by Jalen and any drives by our guards. Going to have to play Bijan and Jacob Groves more. Bijan is the only player that can make an entry pass and Jacob is going to have to start chucking it over shorter guards vs. zone.

If Butler had a couple of good athletes that gave us problems, what are the prospects when we actually face much better teams with good athletes in conference....yikes.

They might also give us trouble but I am actually more worried about our offense.

Butler had 15 offensive rebounds to our 5.

Their bench scored 43 points to 13 for OU's bench.

I think we needed to keep working Cortes and groves in when offense stagnated. Both those guys made our offense flow much better.

I think we needed to keep working Cortes and groves in when offense stagnated. Both those guys made our offense flow much better.

I agree. Cortes played well and I don't think he got in the game at all down the stretch.

If Bijon doesn’t start looking at the basket defense will be sagged off him so far he can’t drive. Easy scouting report adjustment if he starts getting regular minutes

But you still can’t go under a screen while up 2 in OT.

yup...also heard butler was without 3 guys...2 were pretty good.

For the life of me I can't understand how we don't have a good offense against a 3/2 zone...besides throw the ball around up top to 3 guys and launch a 3

All season thus far, when the offense has sputtered, Tanner Groves is completely uninvolved. He didn't score after the first half. I only remember him taking one shot after halftime. Especially when facing a zone, you have to get the ball into the key, and we couldn't do that and completely fell apart.

Blowing a double digit lead always stings a little more. We had it.

Back