***OU vs. N. Carolina Elite Eight Game Thread***

Now we get to hear Seth davis talk about how he knew someone other than Blake was going to have to step up, even though there are Eskimo's that know that.

I can't imagine how we could have played worse, but we're only down 9. We absolutely have to hit shots in the 2nd half. If not, season over.

We are still in the game. We need to make some adjustments on offense. They are doubling Blake as good as any team has all year. Somebody else is going to have to set some screens for him. A few made shots from our guards wouldn't hurt.

We played them even in the last 15 minutes of the first half. Hopefully, we don't end up looking back on this game and saying that we lost it in the first five minutes.

don't like the fouls that have been called on either side. There have been some really strange calls.

I think we need Willie to run the point in the second. He can penetrate and dish, and use Austin as the 3 ringer outside.

maybe your pic can save us with some 3's next half.. his confidence has to be high from last game

n9635295_39349221_1705922.jpg

You got it.

Thanks Nick. Your expert analysis really brings a lot here.

It's not like you are doing better.

The thing about our guards blocking out. It's tough to block out on guys that are that much bigger than yours. Green is like a center compared to our guards. I'm not sure if we can block him out unless we keep Patillo, Taylor, and Blake in the lineup. Our guards aren't all that big or physical so it's a tough match-up for us. We are playing solid defense, we could play a little better there. We need to find ways to get Blake looks. It'll give us some open looks. We can't hit any 3s so far because we don't get any good looks from 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need Willie to run the point in the second. He can penetrate and dish, and use Austin as the 3 ringer outside.

Absolutely. Switch Willie to the most important position (which he has played very little) in the most important game of the year as a freshman over a senior.
I love this idea.

AJ has to decide if hes going to play like a ***** or like a gosh dang senior.. if hes going to play scared get in leary.. he can hit some 3's

Blake needs to work quicker before the double comes. He needs to get a little closer to the block and go quick when the ball gets to him. He's usually better at going ahead of the double team than he's playing today. IMO.

yes. agreed!

Back