OU vs Texas 1pm 2/25

Beat Texas and win last 2 games, they are Big 12 champs. Beat Texas and lose 1 of last 2 they are co-champs.

Coming in all the way from Houston for this one!

Gonna be tougher than granite to beat them… but if we do! The things dreams are made of for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my 3 they appear to be going fast if you are planning to go get your tx soon

I work Saturdays. I will make the K State game. Who would have thought that OU would have a chance at a Big 12 championship? JB has really got them playing well. The future looks bright.

My hope is that the crowd helps the team make this a magic moment. Storm the court if we win? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of students show up.

I think we can win this one, and with the crowd I'm expecting I think there's a great shot we will. Our girls have got to really play defense though, and not be intimidated by Texas' bigs. They could potentially be without Morris, with makes them that much less of a threat outside.

I imagine we will beat Texas/KSU and then lose to O-State in stoolwater. that's how our luck has been in the past anyway. If that were to happen we'd share the regular season with Texas if they win their other games. Hope I'm wrong. These seniors have been through a lot of dark days/seasons and deserve to leave this program as champions. I hope they feel that way too and play like it!

They have to be focused and intense, then really good chance of winning all three. Each of the three could beat us and am really glad that Joens and Culliton have gotten increased playing time and played well, makes me much more hopeful.

I agree, Culliton and Joens have improved since the beginning of the season. I just wish Johnson had/will. She's got the height and reach we so desperately need to defend against tall teams like Texas, but it doesn't appear she's improved in any area :( which could explain why Culliton was a top 100 ESPN hoopgurlz recruit, and she wasn't.

If we win this and beat the sheep jumpers in Stoolwater, then we can win the Big 12 tournament. We will be sky high and think how hard our ladies will play remembering all they have been through.

These last few seasonal games, the Big 12 tournament and a great starting place in the NCAA tournament would be just flat out amazing!

Making the final 8 would be a dream! It would also catapult the program back into the thick of things for future seasons too, recruiting, performance, etc.

I’m wishing for get things to happen for our team in the coming months!

They so deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, these seniors have been through many dark days in their first couple of seasons, and they maybe more than any other team in the B12 this year deserve to go out as winners! They stayed loyal and weathered the ship, even after a coaching change, and they are being rewarded for it now. I hope they win out these next three games and then play their hearts out and battle during March madness!!

Down 27-23 at half. Tough physical Texas style game. We are only shooting 26% but still in the game thanks to rebounding and going 8-8 on free throws.

I just wish our girls would stop throwing the ball away when they are not even pressured. When scoring is incredibly hard to do against good defensive teams it just kills us when we throw the ball away like we have. Down by four at half but it feels like so much more because we've not been able to hit anything. Only Madi, Liz & Culliton have scored effectively.

I thought we had a chance to beat them because we had improved. We could depend on more players for scoring and rebounding. I did not see them having that much length on us and thought we were deeper. I slept through the first two and a half quarters, woke up and have bernsyressed since. Our shots aren't falling..don't feel it is all defense.

Which Tx player did not play against OSU in their last game? I am guessing Tx got the jump on us and OU started making mistakes.

Cannot believe we have not hit more 3's.

Morris is not playing for them. We just lack true talent, they expose that. I'm embarrassed we can't even compete against them. We will lose at OSU and end up in a third or fourth now :-(

Okay, sorry, just have to make this one more observation. IF we play them in the finals of the conference tournament, I still feel we can beat them...have to improve our play against them.

One point is Liz was our player of the game. She has more length, girth and physicality which we really need more of when playing Texas.

I don't think the coach needs to apologize for th heir play to the fans about the play. These players have improved so much over the last two years, can't expect them to be perfect every game. They had no defense nor rebounding (?) before she came and were not nearly as good offensively. You can't turn that all around in two years but they have done darned good. Our rebounding has really improved along with offense. It will take time to get the defense up and get the recruits we need plus get those recruits playing ar the college level.

Last edited:
Back