OU vs Texas 1pm 2/25

Morris is not playing for them. We just lack true talent, they expose that. I'm embarrassed we can't even compete against them. We will lose at OSU and end up in a third or fourth now :-(

Okay, tha nks.

Plus do not believe it is a given we lose against OSU. We missed shots we usually make. Do not think osu is Te as, though they beat Tx last game. Just feel we will beat them.

Too, Vann, I believe has not played her best ball the last 2 or 3 games. She could really help us if she plays the way she can. (Haven't looked back at stats so I could be wrong about her
Just my memory.)

Last edited:
We just got whipped and had no answer for Texas size, quickness and defensive intensity.

The talent gap is wide between Texas and OU- taller, more athletic, just better basketball players. Their point guard played the whole game, and they have 4 legitimate bigs who are better than ours. Play suffocating man to man defense which we had no answer for today. Jenny's most important job for the next few years is recruiting.

We just got whipped and had no answer for Texas size, quickness and defensive intensity.

They seemed to have an answer for everything we threw at them. One thing though. I though we were trying too hard. I wondered if we should have pounded away at them offensively instead of trying to up the ante. Heck I don't know. Maybe there is nothing we could have done. I hate Texas. Bitter pill to take.

Which Tx player did not play against OSU in their last game.

I don’t think Texas was missing any players when they lost 86-82 to OSU in Stillwater.

One of OSU’s starters, Claire Chastain, was injured and only played 3 minutes in Austin when Texas held off OSU 78-69.

All of the following Texas players played in both games against OSU:

Morris
Faye
Gaston
Harmon
Gonzales

Off the bench:
Jones
Muhammad
Holle

Last edited:
I went back and watched the game again. Women's Basketball alliance has replays of top games. I thought Culliton looked good in the 1st Quarter. No answer for Taylor Jones and Rori Harmon. You eliminate those 2 players. I think OU had a chance. OU played well for 2 1/2 quarters. When it was 36-30. I believe it showed Harmon stepping on the inline before the basket making it 38-30. Worst game for Llanusa, Vann, Williams, and Tot offensively. I still like OU's chances to win the rest of the games. UT does have Baylor. They would win head-to-head. I guess I will watch Stanford vs Utah and Indiana vs Iowa.

I went back and watched the game again. Women's Basketball alliance has replays of top games. I thought Culliton looked good in the 1st Quarter. No answer for Taylor Jones and Rori Harmon. You eliminate those 2 players. I think OU had a chance. OU played well for 2 1/2 quarters. When it was 36-30. I believe it showed Harmon stepping on the inline before the basket making it 38-30. Worst game for Llanusa, Vann, Williams, and Tot offensively. I still like OU's chances to win the rest of the games. UT does have Baylor. They would win head-to-head. I guess I will watch Stanford vs Utah and Indiana vs Iowa.

UT lost to Baylor tonight and looked bad doing it.

Beat KSU and OSU and they are co champs, assuming Fexas wins their final game.

This is going to make me unpopular, but, like last year, I believe we are over-ranked
Believe others in our conference are too. I had thought OU had improved with the better and more involved play of Culliton and Jones and better play of Liz. Still think that is true but it is not enough to make us a 4 or 5 seed in the NCAA tournament. Looking at other teams from other conferences play, I just believe we are over-ranked. Of course, just my opinion. Still we are improving since Baranzyck took over and I hope that continues.
And, of course, looking forward to rest of games
Would love to win Big 12 conf tournament and making it to the sweet 16

well don't expect it to.happen, but wouldn't it be great?

I don't think we are over ranked but I think there is a big gap between the top 10 teams and the rest of those ranked. And there is another large gap between South Carolina and the other teams in the top 10.

I don't think we are over ranked but I think there is a big gap between the top 10 teams and the rest of those ranked. And there is another large gap between South Carolina and the other teams in the top 10.

Maybe you are right.

I.agree there ia a gap between S. Carolina and the rest of the teams.
Have a feeling SC will. be competeing for a title for the next several years.

Last edited:
Baylor just flat took it to them on both sides of the court. I think Texas had trouble with Baylor’s stifling defense. Harmon was off a bit. UT’s inside game didn’t look that great, if I remember correctly.

As I’ve said elsewhere: we wore them down for Baylor and made them vulnerable!🤣😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baylor just flat took it to them on both sides of the court. I think Texas had trouble with Baylor’s stifling defense. Harmon was off a bit. UT’s inside game didn’t look that great, if I remember correctly.

As I’ve said elsewhere: we wore them down for Baylor and made them vulnerable!🤣😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A saw a little bit of their game in Waco and Texas seemed dominant at that time. #44 for Texas had the size but no touch on her shot last night.

How Buggs is not starting is a crime. She came in and quickly had 13 points. Finished with 19. She is a superstar. Taylor Jones for Texas played really well. She blocked shots, rebounded, and had 15 points. 63-54.

Last edited:
Back