OU vs Texas Tech 2pm 1/13

73-55 win. Skylar scored 11 points early to help get us out to 14-4 lead and she ended up scoring 20. Again we won it with solid defense….forcing them into 24 turnovers and only committing 12…leading us to have 17 more shots. 15 for Lexy, 11 for Verhulst and 10 for Williams. Also today got 9 points and 6 rebounds from Kiersten Johnson…and she gave us size on defense to help…she was effective at center today. We are off midweek and play at Houston next.

At the first of the game, I said who is that in the Skylar Vann mask sinking all those 3's? Shooting is a funny thing, sometimes it goes your way, sometimes, recently in our case, it doesn't

My suspicion is that Van has been off since her injury in the 1st half of the Soulthern game. Yesterday it looked like she was getting her moxie back.

My suspicion is that Van has been off since her injury in the 1st half of the Soulthern game. Yesterday it looked like she was getting her moxie back.
Vann has scored in double figures in every single game since Southern. She's also had a very solid shooting percentage from the floor in every game since Southern too, aside from KSU when she had to go against Lee, who alters every shot. I don't think there's merit to this -- Skylar has been solid.

Vann has scored in double figures in every single game since Southern. She's also had a very solid shooting percentage from the floor in every game since Southern too, aside from KSU when she had to go against Lee, who alters every shot. I don't think there's merit to this -- Skylar has been solid.
Agree. Regardless what the stats show so far this season, Skylar is (in my opinion) our best shooter, from inside the arc AND from behind it.

Back