OUhoops with Benjamin Schroeder

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
OUhoops had a chance to chat with Benjamin about his game and his future with the Sooners!

1. When do you plan to arrive in Norman to start working out with the team?

I will fly to the states beginning of June, classes start on June 13th and that will be also my start date for the workouts with the team.

2. What can OU fans expect from your game?

It is a great honor to be part of the team and you can expect that I will leave everything on the field and put in all I have on every night to make the team winning. Beside that my strength is really to score from all three levels on the floor and that is what I will trying to do also at OU. I also like to play above the rim so OU fans can expect some dunks and blocks;)

3. Why OU and coach Moser and what are the expectations for year 1?

OU is a great program with a remarkable history and a big potential. I am very proud to be a Sooner soon. The recruiting process was a different experience from the very beginning. OU really seemed to care about me, not only as a player, but also as a person. Coach Moser has a lot of energy, vast experience as a coach and made it to the final four in 2018. The first impression was really, how professional the organizations works and how professionell the coaching staff operates, which made me commit to OU.
My expectations for year 1 are that we make it to the tournament as a team and have hopefully a deep run there. On a personal level I want to be the best basketball player I can become and learn as much as possible. I will do everything I can and what is needed to be the best version of myself at the next level.

4. What is something about you that not many people know?

Big fan of Lightning McQueen from Disney “Cars” !

5. What are you up to in terms of Height/Weight?

6'7" / 221 LBS

Very nice! Should put to rest any concerns about whether he is still on board. I’m very curious to see his game.

Good info, Boulder! 6-7 221. That is not string bean. Maybe he'll be somewhat physically ready from the jump..

Good info, Boulder! 6-7 221. That is not string bean. Maybe he'll be somewhat physically ready from the jump..

He looks plenty athletic at that size. Jalen Hill's size with some offensive skills ... will have to learn to defend, but can be a valuable piece once he figures it out.

Well done, Boulder! Thank you!

I’m excited about our entire 2022 class, but I think Benjamin Schroeder could be really special! I have used the words “game changer” more than once to describe how I feel about him. Now that I’ve read his interview, I get the impression he plans to put that kind of pressure on himself!

I can’t wait to see him in a Sooner uniform!

Good stuff.

You should do more...ie make this site into a site that can break news, report, whatever. It's needed. Hard to really get going though. Ah, just wishful thinking.

Last edited:
pretty awesome stuff. He can definitely drive shown by his 2P% and FT attempts and %, his 3P% needs some work but we need a guy who can generate buckets. Hoping his skills align there, to go with pretty impressive rebounding and assist numbers.

Very excited for Schroeder - relieved and glad to see he's locked in.

Awesome stuff, Boulder!

This kid is exciting af. Can’t wait to see these freshmen.

This is great Boulder! Thank you! Next thing you know you're going to be on Zoom with coach Moser!:woot

If you're on twitter, go hit retweet on Boulder's tweet...

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_Hoops/status/1513585972268707847?s=20&t=KU09tfgZpyfIvnTBE1F5mw[/TWEET]

Last edited by a moderator:

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/OU_Hoops/status/1513585972268707847?s=20&t=KU09tfgZpyfIvnTBE1F5mw[/TWEET]

thanks NAIA i really do need to get that twitter account rolling .

Done!

Great work Boulder. Thank you sir. :OUbball-logo:

Back