OUhoops with Benjamin Schroeder

Spoke to Benny. He’s gonna be here for summer school. June 6th is the plan.

He’s pumped to get to campus again.

Crutches? Well that stinks. Hope he'll be ready for the season.

He's obviously got a great offensive skillset. Athleticism looks great. Showed some toughness and physicality in that reel.

If he can play defense, he's going to be on the floor.

He's obviously got a great offensive skillset. Athleticism looks great. Showed some toughness and physicality in that reel.

If he can play defense, he's going to be on the floor.

I have said all along that Benny Schroeder is my candidate to play a major role on next year’s team. I like all three of our freshmen, but Benny is the one that stands out in so many ways to me I think he is a can’t miss future star. I never even thought about toughness and physicality. But, you’re right, he has that too.

Looking for a player who can score in a variety of ways on his own? Check. Wanna see a player who will wow the crowd with his athleticism and offensive skills? Check. I think Benny can be that special player we didn’t have last year—one who wants the ball in his hands at crunch time when the game is on the line.

Too much to expect for a freshman some might say? I don’t rule that out entirely. But Benny is not a typical freshman. He’s accustomed to playing with and against older players, many of them pros. He could have stayed in Europe and played on a professional team in Germany or Spain. I’m not the least bit worried about his defense. Defense starts with toughness and athleticism. He’s got that in spades.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/top-i...n-schroder-commits-oklahoma/story?id=80686416

I don't understand why some are skeptical of Schroeder. Maybe because OU has been burned multiple times by Outside of US prospects/projects...??

He may not be a difference-maker as a frosh, but that guy has off-the-charts athletic ability and looks to have (at least offensive) basketball skills.

Could be a difference-maker for OU over time.

If we’re burned this time it’s to the highest order. The guys that came before him did not have articles written about them by NBA draft experts. They were projects coming in (maybe with the exception of Freeman, and even he came in a year early for experience).

Back