Our Post D = 40 for Hansbrough = POY

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Folks Hansbrough would score 40 against our Post D. Hansbrough plays Offense, Defense, rebounds and hits his FT's. Washington was 10-12 last might ouch.

Hansbrough will be the POY in college BB again this year.

The NCAA loves match-ups I can see us in UNC's region, BG against Hansbrough match-up.

Blake needs to go back to playing defense like he did as a freshman.

Why worry about a hypothetical matchup against UNC in December? UNC isn't on our schedule and I've seen no one imply we're on the same level as the Heels.

With that said, the post d does need improvement. I think BG is so needed on the offensive side that he occasionally plays soft d to avoid getting a foul. Some of the other post players need to step up too.

How often is "psycho T" double teamed let alone triple teamed ? Im sorry but if you surrounded Blake with the talent that UNC had you would be seeing dunk after dunk, nobody on the college level can guard him 1 on 1.

Evidently no one can guard Michael Washington one on one either.

With that said, the post d does need improvement. I think BG is so needed on the offensive side that he occasionally plays soft d to avoid getting a foul.

I agree the post defense does need to improve. However, there have been other better offensive players than Blake who played defense. Just because you are needed on the offensive end, does not mean you can't be a great defender.

yeah blake griffin sucks he should quit. he couldn't stop Jordan from Tulsa or the big man from utah or taj gibson. we would be a lot better off if he wouldn't play.

I disagree, if anyone on here has ever payed attention to Blake for both of his two years here you know that when the lights come on he plays at a whole different level...is that good? no, he should play with that intensity every night, but that is the case for a lot of players...

If he played against Tyler i guarantee it would be a battle, both of those guys are great college players and would find a way to score...but neither would dominate the other...I could see Blake stepping up his intensity to match Tyler, something you dont see against other teams on a regular basis...

Folks Hansbrough would score 40 against our Post D. Hansbrough plays Offense, Defense, rebounds and hits his FT's. Washington was 10-12 last might ouch.

Hansbrough will be the POY in college BB again this year.

The NCAA loves match-ups I can see us in UNC's region, BG against Hansbrough match-up.
One of three on the predictions, not bad and if this was baseball it would be amazing.
Of course the two you got wrong were pretty far off.

This was a prediction made before conference play and the team OU put out there in the NCAA Tournament was completely different from even the team that played late in the regular season.

Blake was ordered NOT to get into foul trouble. His post defense was controlled by Capel's strategy to keep him out of foul trouble and in the game.

Yep. Pretty obvious. He was much too valuable to get a bunch of ticky-tack fouls. It was frustrating watching him with his Ole! defense, but in the end, I think it was the best strategy. I think it hurt it a little in the eyes of scouts. It "looked" like he was disinterested in playing D. However, with that strike against him, he's heavily favored to be the #1 pick and he had a great year last season.

Back