>>>>>>The #1 vs #1 Gameday Thread<<<<<<

KU had 13 free throw attempts in the last OT. OU had none. KU also got that traveling call on Lattin when earlier a KU rebounder fell to the ground with the ball and no traveling. The officials did us no favors in this game.

Twice they missed goal tending There wa a phantom T on Woodard. No call when Buford wax mugged. No call on a mugging of Lattin.

I'm the biggest 8 on 5 guy in AFH, but this was the most favorable, if you'd call it that, we've had there in 20 years. Still just a free throw away from the W. Gotta close it out when you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: >>>>>>The #1 vs #1 Gameday Thread<<<<<<

13 free throw attempts in one OT period. That pisses me off.

That's reality here guys - they don't win here by accident. It's also why you can't let opportunities go by when you have a chance.

I honestly wanted this win for Buddy, kid deserved it and to have his name attached to the W that ended the losing streak.

No doubt. It's just funny how widely it's known and everybody just accepts it. At one point we were up nearly 20 free throws and ended the game even. Such a joke.

This was one of the fairest refereed games I've seen @KU. Sure they got some home team calls, but I really think we just missed a few chances. I think if we were at home tonight we get some more calls and misses fewer chances. This game only confirms to me how good OU is.

The officials did OU no favors.

The officials didn't play a major role in the game. I think they held up well for being in that environment for that long of a game. They tried to let the teams decide who would win and that's with 3 technical called.

The officials didn't play a major role in the game. I think they held up well for being in that environment for that long of a game. They tried to let the teams decide who would win and that's with 3 technical called.

I repeat, 10 fouls in 35 minutes.

I don't know if I've been more proud of an OU team. Despite the high ranking and undefeated record, I expect to lose in Lawrence because we always do. Our group went in there and left it all on the floor. You don't see Kansas have to sweat out a win like at home very often; there's a reason KU has only lost 9 times there under Self. Best game I've ever seen except the ending sucked. Still, there's a lot of people who just learned we are absolutely for real.

What a game. Tough to put a L in the loss column after that effort. We cant blame the refs for the outcome. For a road game i didnt think it was that terrible. Sure there was some questionable calls but thats life on the road. We had our chances. I like our chances at home and i doubt that cousins can play any worse next time. Have to give it up for Woodard and Buddy. Big shot after big shot. These kids deserved the win but I guarantee you we have earned some respect across the country though.

Damn we should be 10-15 points better than them in Norman. Hope i'm right, and hope we don't let this linger saturday

Home court won't matter much between these teams other than a few calls here and there. The game in Norman will be another battle.

Home court won't matter much between these teams other than a few calls here and there. The game in Norman will be another battle.

True. I still think if Cousins plays his normal game we are better than them straight up

they win there because they are good just like OU in Norman

Absolutely. That, and the officiating, of course.

2 fouls to OU's 9 in three overtimes.

Ellis falls and slides with a rebound, no whistle. Lattin gets shoved after a rebound. Whistled for traveling.

And the key inbounds play, which even the TV talking heads are acknowleding was a bad no-call. Heck, even Mason himself acknowledged it, in roundabout fashion.

There were exactly 22 fouls called on both teams

And there were exactly 2 fouls called on them in 15 minutes of overtime. OU was whistled nine times.

What a game. Tough to put a L in the loss column after that effort. We cant blame the refs for the outcome. For a road game i didnt think it was that terrible. Sure there was some questionable calls but thats life on the road. We had our chances. I like our chances at home and i doubt that cousins can play any worse next time. Have to give it up for Woodard and Buddy. Big shot after big shot. These kids deserved the win but I guarantee you we have earned some respect across the country though.

Yes big shots under pressure and also three turnovers in critical situations for those two. And what was the call on offense in those last three positions? Dribble around and throw up a shot at the last second?

Absolutely. That, and the officiating, of course.

2 fouls to OU's 9 in three overtimes.

Ellis falls and slides with a rebound, no whistle. Lattin gets shoved after a rebound. Whistled for traveling.

And the key inbounds play, which even the TV talking heads are acknowleding was a bad no-call. Heck, even Mason himself acknowledged it, in roundabout fashion.

Funny how you don't mention the bad calls in OU's favor.

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

The KU player that drove to the hoop before the over-the-back call that put Lattin at the line was clearly fouled.

The play at the end of the one of the periods where KU set a double pick to get Selden a wide open 3, Buddy tried to shove his way through the screen and smacked a KU guy in the head.

If you have a problem with the way that game was called last night, overall, you will probably have a problem with the way every single OU game is called.

Funny how you don't mention the bad calls in OU's favor.

Mason didn't foul Buddy.

The KU player that drove to the hoop before the over-the-back call that put Lattin at the line was clearly fouled.

The play at the end of the one of the periods where KU set a double pick to get Selden a wide open 3, Buddy tried to shove his way through the screen and smacked a KU guy in the head.

If you have a problem with the way that game was called last night, overall, you will probably have a problem with the way every single OU game is called.

Show me one foul or non call that benefitted ou where 4 points were literally taken off the score board like the two egregious goal tends. Those types of missed calls are unacceptable to me.

Back