Over/Under on Westbrook's Shot Attempts?

MVP isn't, and shouldn't, be given out based on what the name implies.

Yes, the name states the most valuable. But it should be given to the most outstanding, or best, or whatever you want to call it. And that ain't Westbrook.

MVP isn't, and shouldn't, be given out based on what the name implies.

Yes, the name states the most valuable. But it should be given to the most outstanding, or best, or whatever you want to call it. And that ain't Westbrook.

So an award shouldn't be based on what it is called?

Doesn't matter, I think you can make a case for most outstanding or most valuable for Westbrook this year. He did something that hasn't been done in 50+ years. The players all think it should be him. the legends all think it should be him. Pretty much the only people that don't think it should be are some members of the media, houston fans, and warrior fans.

I'd also argue that most people think the Valuable part means to his team.

Why can't it mean just in general? Valuable as in who is worth the most, or produces the most.

Why in the world would they want to give an award to a guy that might only be pretty good on the larger NBA scale, but b/c the team around him sucks, he is the single most valuable player on any one team? That is dumb logic. Glad they don't vote on it that way. It's an award that is given to the best player, or the player that had the best year. Again, that ain't Westbrook.

I'd also argue that most people think the Valuable part means to his team.

Why can't it mean just in general? Valuable as in who is worth the most, or produces the most.
So how do you quantify producing the most? Maybe scoring (westbrook 1st), maybe rebounding (westbrook 10th), maybe assists (westbrook 3rd), maybe PER (westbrook 1st), maybe it's RPM (westbrook 8th), maybe its win shares (westbrook 5th)

. It's an award that is given to the best player, or the player that had the best year. Again, that ain't Westbrook.
how can a player that averaged a triple double while leading the lead in scoring and recording a triple double in over half his games not be the player that had the best year? I'd love to hear your reasoning and who you think the MVP is by your standards

Per game...or per quarter?

haha depends

obviously Russ had a bad 4th quarter. But anybody that has watched this season knew this was coming. He was playing one of his better games through 3 quarters (which is saying something) but Houston was still in it and his teammates were not hitting anything. I told my wife in the middle of the third that Russ was going to go hero mode and we would lose.
When he is hot, and his teammaters aren't, he isn't going to be passing it in crunch time. It's what can be so maddening but also what produces some unbelievable feats

Back