Painter To Mizzou

Hello Big 12 cellar. Good to see you again.

Yep. I cannot ****ing believe ****ing Missouri got a coach to come from ****ing Purdue. And Purdue was the coach's ****ing alma mater. **** this. Texas Tech made a great hire, Missouri made a great hire, the ball is in your ****ing court Joe C. ****.

All right, conference is gonna be fun over the next few years. Time to bring it home, Joe C

So, Mizzou gets an elite level coach with a loaded roster for next season.

Texas Tech got an elite level coach, and has talent for next season.

ISU got a new coach last year, and loaded up on talented Big 10 transfers and will be very good next year.

OSU signed a lotto pick and will be one of the more athletic teams in the conference next season.

Man, looking like OU will be the doormat next season.

crying-o.gif

ISU got a new coach last year, and loaded up on talented Big 10 transfers and will be very good next year.

OSU signed a lotto pick and will be one of the more athletic teams in the conference next season.

+1

Looks like you have a lot of choices for whom to cheer.

Looks like you have a lot of choices for whom to cheer.

As usual, I will cheer for OU. I am not gonna lie though, I have always pulled for Texas Tech (football and basketball), unless they are playing OU.

I think Mizzou fans are over estimating Painter. He's a nice little coach, but I'm hearing things like this gets Mizzou over the Kansas hump, lol. He can probably win a game on the road though with their roster, unlike his predecessor.

I think Mizzou fans are over estimating Painter. He's a nice little coach, but I'm hearing things like this gets Mizzou over the Kansas hump, lol.

He will be far more competitive vs KU than Anderson ever was.

I think Mizzou fans are over estimating Painter. He's a nice little coach, but I'm hearing things like this gets Mizzou over the Kansas hump, lol.

Nice little coach? The guy is big time. They got an upgrade over Mike Anderson, who is considered to be a really good coach.

The last five years have seen four 20-win seasons and NCAA Tournament berths, two Sweet 16 appearances, a regular-season Big Ten title and a Big Ten Tournament crown.

Painter has averaged more than 22 wins per season during his tenure at the helm of the Purdue program, including at least 25 victories in each of the last three seasons.

Painter has been named Big Ten Coach of the Year twice in the last three seasons, earning the consensus award in 2008 and winning the coaches' vote in 2010.

Painter has also been named a district coach of the year by the NABC twice and the USBWA once, as well as a two-time finalist for the Jim Phelan and Henry Iba coach of the year awards. He was also selected as a finalist for the Naismith Coach of the Year award and the Skip Prosser Man of the Year award in 2008.

He will be far more competitive vs KU than Anderson ever was.
Perhaps. If their roster stays intact they should at least split with KU next year, but I doubt he consistently wins much more than Anderson. But like I said, I bet he can win a game on the road with the current roster and more than 8 games in a bad league.

Perhaps. If their roster stays intact they should at least split with KU next year, but I doubt he consistently wins much more than Anderson. But like I said, I bet he can win a game on the road with the current roster and more than 8 games in a bad league.

I think he will have Mizzou fighting KU for 1st place most seasons. He is that good.

Anderson only beat KU 1 time in 10 tries. Painter will do much better than that.

The love affair with BCG by some around here is borderline creepy. One would think he is the second coming of John Wooden

Nice little coach? The guy is big time. They got an upgrade over Mike Anderson, who is considered to be a really good coach.

The last five years have seen four 20-win seasons and NCAA Tournament berths, two Sweet 16 appearances, a regular-season Big Ten title and a Big Ten Tournament crown.

Painter has averaged more than 22 wins per season during his tenure at the helm of the Purdue program, including at least 25 victories in each of the last three seasons.

Painter has been named Big Ten Coach of the Year twice in the last three seasons, earning the consensus award in 2008 and winning the coaches' vote in 2010.

Painter has also been named a district coach of the year by the NABC twice and the USBWA once, as well as a two-time finalist for the Jim Phelan and Henry Iba coach of the year awards. He was also selected as a finalist for the Naismith Coach of the Year award and the Skip Prosser Man of the Year award in 2008.
Yea, I've read his bio. I said he was a nice coach. Not every coach can be "big time." He will be assisted with a good roster if it stays intact at Missouri, but he's going to need to bring in better players then he has consistently brought in (save one big class) at Purdue, which granted SHOULD be somewhat easier at Missouri. Just keep the recruits from visiting the people that inhabit southern missouri, and they will be okay.

Back