Pat Knight is a classy guy...

thebigabd

Reaction score
He had some really nice things to say about Jeff Capel during in interview with his rivals guy yesterday.

Basically said Jeff is a great coach and wont have much trouble adjusting without Blake Griffin, and that OU will just become more guard oriented with Willie. Mentioned that he thinks OU has really good players, and that Jeff wont have any trouble at all from a coaching standpoint.

Also talked about the Big 12 a little bit, saying he knew it would be a tremendous challenge for him as a coach and he knew he could have gone the easier route of taking a job at a smaller school and working his way up. He said he thinks his team can score with anybody and they are going to spend all their time up to the the beginning of the season working on defense and rebounding, starting with the basics. He said he felt a lot of pressure taking over for his dad and put all of their focus on scoring and not on defense.

Hard not to like Pat Knight, I hope he wins this year.

I agree with you. I guess the apple did fall a little further from the tree this time. I just can't see Tech ever being very good in today's Big 12 with so many JUCOs. I am pulling for them though.

I just can't see Tech ever being very good in today's Big 12 with so many JUCOs. I am pulling for them though.

This is a big year for jucos in the Big 12. In fact, there are so many that my own personal faith in jucos will be tested this year.

If Lance Jeter (Nebraska), Marcus Relphorde (Colorado), Nick Okorie (Tech), David Tairu (Tech), Brad Reese (Tech), Theron Jenkins (Tech), Laron Dendy (ISU), or Marquis Gilstrap (ISU) dont produce and have the kind of impact I think they will I will probably have to cool on my juco support, lol.

Im not saying all of these guys are going to be double-digit scorers, but some of them are supposed to. The others are supposed to fill roles as shooters, defenders, rebounders, athletes, etc.

If they do what they are supposed to, then I say you can still find talent, athletes, and good role players (which every team needs) in juco.

Of the above players, I bet Jeter, Okorie, one of the Tech guys, and Gilstrap all start and have big impacts. But, you never know.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78r7lp3pEuE[/ame]

I let Knight slide on that one because JB Chambliss made the call. Chambliss and pretty boy Higgins are the two worst refs in the big 12. And I have noticed that they have their lips firmly planted on Rick Barnes' butt. If you can knock off UT when one of those two are reffing, you have accomplished something.
Perhaps this is all true, yet other coaches seem to manage to survive without running around the court screaming like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

Perhaps this is all true, yet other coaches seem to manage to survive without running around the court screaming like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

I think he kinda snapped, because his team kept losing. :)

I let Knight slide on that one because JB Chambliss made the call. Chambliss and pretty boy Higgins are the two worst refs in the big 12. And I have noticed that they have their lips firmly planted on Rick Barnes' butt. If you can knock off UT when one of those two are reffing, you have accomplished something.

I really don't think Barnes' teams get any special treatment. That distinction goes to Billiam Self and the Jayhawks of Kansas.

he just needs more alan voskuils.

besides, that dump he took on KU this year was glorious.

he just needs more alan voskuils.

besides, that dump he took on KU this year was glorious.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOH7wJ3zUnM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZjxkFzoRh4[/ame]

seeing vossy overjoyed when they took him out of that game is why i love big 12 hoops.

:clap

seeing vossy overjoyed when they took him out of that game is why i love big 12 hoops.

:clap

Voskuil is a great kid. I played pick-up ball with him last summer in DFW. Most D1 players don't play hard against "inferior" competition and just sit around the perimeter and jack 3's. Not Voskuil. He rarely shot. He was working hard on his defense. Made crisp passes and set picks. He was encouraging less talented players when they missed a shot or turned the ball over. I think it said a lot about his character.

Exactly. There was NOTHING classy about that.

In the middle of a bad season, with alot of questionable calls, frustration can rear its head. I'll credit that more to frustration than lack of class. All I've heard about him is he's a very good guy and is alot better with press, fans, and opposing coaches than his father. If you look at his father, he had feuds with numerous coaches, Pat hasn't built that reputation.

Back