Patterson removes name from the draft.

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Meeks is also expected to take name out of the draft as well. What does this mean?

Meeks
Harris
Stevenson
Galloway
Patterson
Stewart
Harrellson
Pilgrim
Liggins
Miller
Orton
Hood
Cousins
Dodson
Bledsoe
Wall????

That is 17 scholarships. Who are the four leaving? Also, DFWHoopster said Baylor had a legit shot at Wall. Is this an indicator?

It means DO will have a heck of a time getting meaningful minutes playing behind Cousins and Patterson. He can forget any plans he had to start as a freshman.

As for the number of players who have been promised scholarships? The next few weeks should be interesting!

It means DO will have a heck of a time getting meaningful minutes playing behind Cousins and Patterson. He can forget any plans he had to start as a freshman.

As for the number of players who have been promised scholarships? The next few weeks should be interesting!

He should have made an informed choice. I suspect Harrellson will be shown the door along with Galloway, but that still leaves one scholarship left. One of their players was rumored to not qualify.

Calipari will get rid of a couple of guys. He is not going to honor any scholarships if he can't use the player.

let me be the first...
Orton come to OU !!!!!!!!!!!!! :ez-laugh:

pilgrim is already gone. i'd bet stewart will be too, before much longer.

edit - i was wrong on pilgrim. he isn't gone yet. i think he will be though.

Pilgrim just transfered in last year. That would be wrong if they gave him the boot. If they do, he should appeal to the NCAA to not sit out a year with if he transfers.

Orton should have gone to OU. He's a knucklehead. When BCG left and Cousins committed, he should have reconsidered that deal. UK may have chemistry problems. BCG said Meeks was poison in the locker room at times. And Patterson had a little prima doña in him as well. It may be a homerun and it may be a trainwreck. Cal has had plenty of teams underachieve- like the early yrs at Memphis. A couple of those teams excelled at turning the ball over.

Orton should have gone to OU. He's a knucklehead. When BCG left and Cousins committed, he should have reconsidered that deal. UK may have chemistry problems. BCG said Meeks was poison in the locker room at times. And Patterson had a little prima doña in him as well. It may be a homerun and it may be a trainwreck. Cal has had plenty of teams underachieve- like the early yrs at Memphis. A couple of those teams excelled at turning the ball over.

Orton would definetely be a factor on defense and would have been a game changer for OU. However, He and Gallon can't play at the same time. They would be too slow for some opponents.

Pilgrim just transfered in last year. That would be wrong if they gave him the boot. If they do, he should appeal to the NCAA to not sit out a year with if he transfers.

the ncaa should just eliminate the year out rule for players that are pushed off their team. they aren't choosing to leave, so they shouldn't be penalized.

Calipari will get rid of a couple of guys. He is not going to honor any scholarships if he can't use the player.

I hope OU never finds itself in this situation. I don't think it is right for the school to pull scholarships when the kid works hard in practice, stays out of trouble and makes his grades. All teams make evaluation mistakes and they should live with them.

Back