Perry Ellis Update!

Will_Jennings

OUHoops.com Reporter
Reaction score
OUHoops.com recently got a chance to talk to 2012 five star recruit Perry Ellis out of Wichita Heights High School. Ellis said that despite OU’s struggles this season, he still has interest in the program. The elite level power forward has been a target of the Sooners since he was in the eighth grade and is a self admitted big fan of Sooner great and NBA upstart Blake Griffin. Ellis also expressed that he plans on making another unofficial visit to OU sometime this season.

Ellis’s Wichita Heights High School team is currently ranked 8th in the High School USA Today Poll. OU is currently recruiting 2013 point guard prospect Connor Frankcamp, a teammate of Ellis’s, Ellis currently is being recruited by Kansas, Memphis, Kansas State, Kentucky, and Wichita State, to go along with Oklahoma.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8L-APdqTQQ[/ame]

Perry, please sign here, ____________________.

I think he has a sister that plays at Memphis. Kansas fans thinks it's only a matter of time. Winston Shepard is high on KU's list and it's said that his mom is favoring them. It would be hard for me to see KU getting both, to go along with Peters and Kaleb Tzarcheski, a kid from Brewster that supposedly is a silent commit.

This kid is going to set some sort of record for most unofficial visits.

Where's that bbhoops guy. He use to be around here all the time.

and Kaleb Tzarcheski, a kid from Brewster that supposedly is a silent commit.

First time I've heard this. This is great news. I love those silent commits. LOL.

Glad to see OU recruiting Conner Frankamp. Kid can flat out go. You'll see him and think this little white dude can't play but he can. I think he ends up being a high major from what I've heard. I've yet to see him play in person but have had a dozen people who have all tell me the same thing. Kid's a player and under the radar nationally.

First time I've heard this. This is great news. I love those silent commits. LOL.

Glad to see OU recruiting Conner Frankamp. Kid can flat out go. You'll see him and think this little white dude can't play but he can. I think he ends up being a high major from what I've heard. I've yet to see him play in person but have had a dozen people who have all tell me the same thing. Kid's a player and under the radar nationally.

I guess Naadir Tharpe told one of those jock sniffin KU internet reporters that "Kaleb will be a Jayhawk." I could care less. If we can make it to 2012, we'll have a very good class. I like the Shaquille Cleare kid and Cameron Ridley. Also like Shepard.

I guess Naadir Tharpe told one of those jock sniffin KU internet reporters that "Kaleb will be a Jayhawk." I could care less. If we can make it to 2012, we'll have a very good class. I like the Shaquille Cleare kid and Cameron Ridley. Also like Shepard.

That's hardly a silent verbal. LOL.
Kids say that all the time. I'm sure Tharpe is recruiting him but that doesn't mean anything. Josh Selby said he'd get Terrence Jones to be a Jayhawk as well. That's just wishful thinking.

That's hardly a silent verbal. LOL.
Kids say that all the time. I'm sure Tharpe is recruiting him but that doesn't mean anything. Josh Selby said he'd get Terrence Jones to be a Jayhawk as well. That's just wishful thinking.

You must not have read the "I don't care" part of my post.

You must not have read the "I don't care" part of my post.

Cool. I was just interested to hear about a kid you have at KU already who I haven't heard he verballed. Obviously you care more than I. :)

According to Rivals, Capel will be attending Perry's first game of the season Friday. Also in attendance will be Bill Self and Frank Martin.

Where's that bbhoops guy. He use to be around here all the time.

Sorry been gone. But am back now.

Just heard that Coach Bett and Coach Manning are confirmed for tonights season opener at Wichita North.

Coach Martin KSU and Coach Marshall WSU are expected to attend first home game on Tuesday night.

Speaking of wishful thinking, Perry Ellis is more of a lock to KU than Nino Jackson. He's at KU more than he is his HS I think.

According to Rivals, Capel will be attending Perry's first game of the season Friday. Also in attendance will be Bill Self and Frank Martin.

Dang, Ellis must be unreal if Frank Martin is skipping his game vs Washington St tonight to go watch Perry. LOL.
I don't like Rivals.

Back