Player Development Director Opening and Director of Recruiting Opening

allday92

Reaction score
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1648684996226416642?s=20[/TWEET]

There goes Porter running off one of his assistants into a better job again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Player Development Director Opening

How dare he help people better themselves professionally!

Good hire for LoyChi

lol well played ..

congrats to Custer on court coaching job at his alma mater

also need a special ast to the HC ..

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/valpoathletics/status/1648688437757726720?s=20[/TWEET]

If/when Renee Forney leaves, they may want to just close up shop. :)

If/when Renee Forney leaves, they may want to just close up shop. :)
LOL. Love it.

She has been there so long she remembers when the LNC seats were still red.

Seriously, she seems fantastic and must do a GREAT job to make it through 4 different coaches and staff.

One day I expect to get a call/email/PM from Joe C asking me to run recruiting for OU basketball.

LOL. Love it.

She has been there so long she remembers when the LNC seats were still red.

Seriously, she seems fantastic and must do a GREAT job to make it through 4 different coaches and staff.

She's the best. So helpful when you need info. Several years ago, I was going to be passing through Norman one day during basketball season and wanted to stop and watch practice. I called down a few days in advance and she wasn't sure whether they would be in the practice gym or LNC on the day I would be there, so she told me to just come in the door to the coach and staff offices. I was a little nervous to just barge in, but since she told me it was ok, I went ahead and did it. Opened the door and was more or less right in the middle of the offices, no more than 30 feet from Lon's office as he was sitting at his desk. It was incredible how much access Lon gave the fans. I'd love to hear Renee talk about the experience of working for each coach.

She's the best. So helpful when you need info. Several years ago, I was going to be passing through Norman one day during basketball season and wanted to stop and watch practice. I called down a few days in advance and she wasn't sure whether they would be in the practice gym or LNC on the day I would be there, so she told me to just come in the door to the coach and staff offices. I was a little nervous to just barge in, but since she told me it was ok, I went ahead and did it. Opened the door and was more or less right in the middle of the offices, no more than 30 feet from Lon's office as he was sitting at his desk. It was incredible how much access Lon gave the fans. I'd love to hear Renee talk about the experience of working for each coach.

Funny you say that. My boys went down with my wife and they hung around after a home win and porter was just as nice. Took pics, gave them both ou hats, showed them the jordan shoes toured the office.

Renee was a big help. Porters wife as well was just as nice.

Funny you say that. My boys went down with my wife and they hung around after a home win and porter was just as nice. Took pics, gave them both ou hats, showed them the jordan shoes toured the office.

Renee was a big help. Porters wife as well was just as nice.

That's good to hear. I do wish the practices were still as open as before (not that I'm in Oklahoma often enough to take advantage very often).

That's good to hear. I do wish the practices were still as open as before (not that I'm in Oklahoma often enough to take advantage very often).

Agree. I am not a fan of closed but I get it.

Yep, I've had a couple of instances during her time, either for a TipIn dinner or other accommodation where she has gone above what one would expect.

And to the point about Lon's access and open practices...my guess is if you would call Renee and the bball office in advance, they would find a way to get access especially if it was for the kids.

Perhaps assistant move on quickly when they don't think the head coach has longevity. Saves scrabbling for a job in a year.

Perhaps assistant move on quickly when they don't think the head coach has longevity. Saves scrabbling for a job in a year.

Or they took a massive promotion from assistant to the assistant coaches to an on-court assistant.

You realize the difference right?

Some just want to find any reason to bag on Moser

Back