Players Facebook Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hating school, and having two teammates laugh about a player missing study hall, after ALL the problems we've had this year, couldn't be two more different situations.

I don't care that they don't like school.

my roommates and I would make fun of each other and joke about missing classes...i'm pretty sure the classes that I missed were more important than the crap courses that TMG is probably taking

You are surprised guys missed study hall and then players laughed about it? Not the first or last time.

You are right. And those "other" times probably happened on crappy teams too.

I bet you that crap didn't go on last year, wanna bet?

Do you think players should be allowed to have Facebook pages? I know other programs, including OU Football, do not allow players to have these sites anymore because of the problems they can cause.

I say this because I just looked at TMG's Facebook page. You can barely understand any of it with most quotes being n***a this and n***a that. It's obviously not a good image to portray for a top athlete at a major university. I'm not saying he is trying to be someone other than himself but do you need to throw the real you out there for the world to see.

This is also another interesting post that he recently put on there:

WW's response:

I'm sure many athletes are not in school for academics but you at least have to try. I hope nothing comes from this.

TMG hasn't accepted me as a facebook friend, so can you pass this along to him and his friend Mr. Warren......GROW UP!!!!!!!!

my roommates and I would make fun of each other and joke about missing classes...i'm pretty sure the classes that I missed were more important than the crap courses that TMG is probably taking

Yeah but you weren't required to make a certain grade to keep a scholarship or attend study halls.

TMG hasn't accepted me as a facebook friend, so can you pass this along to him and his friend Mr. Warren......GROW UP!!!!!!!!

I doubt it would do any good.

I'm not a friend of his either. You can still read what he writes on his wall though.

I would accept that bet in a heartbeat if there was anyway to prove it

Seems about how 99% I've ever been around act.

LOL...how are you going to prove or disprove what happened last year?

It happens all the damn time....but these kids now have a medium to express this type of behavior that the entire world can see. Why do you (TMG and other players) need to post this crap on Facebook...what do you get from it besides the possibility of public scorn?

Yup.

I know Capel is "hip" and "with the times" but this will lead to nothing but trouble.

Capel needs to take a queue from Bob and stop allowing this crap.

I think Mike Leach is the one that stopped players from having facebooks/twitter. OU players can still have them. Bradford has had one.

I skipped 112/162 classes one semester, so my opinion is a little slanted. I completely understand skipping classes, even when your scholarship relies on it. School feels like the biggest waste of time, and I NEED to graduate for my future. I can understand these guys having no motivation and being frustrated with school when their dream has nothing to do with finishing school. I can't hate on them, I used to post this kinda stuff all the time freshman year, though it was a little more clear.

I think Mike Leach is the one that stopped players from having facebooks/twitter. OU players can still have them. Bradford has had one.

Did he have one when he was still an active player at OU? I'm pretty sure I heard that Bob made facebook off limits.

He had one since last season. Don't know if that's because his playing days were over at OU though.

Seems about how 99% I've ever been around act.

You've been around more than 100 D1 players?

I know of one player who posts Bible verses, or about his girlfriend.
Another, about his wife and daughter.

Then again, 25 years ago when I was in college, I knew some players who would say the same things TMG is writing.

You've been around more than 100 D1 players?

I know of one player who posts Bible verses, or about his girlfriend.
Another, about his wife and daughter.

Then again, 25 years ago when I was in college, I knew some players who would say the same things TMG is writing.

Most athletes don't really care about school from my experience. That's the way life is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back