Players Facebook Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I'm missing it, it looks like the stuff the original poster put up has been removed from TMG's page.

I don't think you missed it, I was told it has been deleted. Obviously, someone finally wised up to the harm posting stuff like that on a public forum can do, and I doubt seriously if TMG made the decision to remove it on his own. While it's too little too late in this instance. I would be surprised if a policy restricting Facebook and Twitter accounts, etc. is not put in place in the near future.

Research has recently shown that the brain continues to grow up to the age of 26. The frontal lobes are not fully developed (judgement center of the brain) before that.

84, are you absolutely sure kids have a brain at that age? :)

For the record, I'll bet members of my family asked that same question about me. I did some pretty dumb things when I was their age.

Folks lets not go off the deep end here. These are kids talking to each other on a social network and they say stuff all the time using slang. My 12 year old does this with his buddies. Facebook's intention is not for a grown man with a man crush on a college athlete to view and read personal texts/conversations between friends.

Good lord lets get a life people. What they write is not the most flattering thing in the world but stay out of their personal lives please the man crush is scary.

The policy should be HAVE SOME FREAKIN COMMON SENSE!

It has been blown WAY out of proportion, but with the season going as it has that doesnt surprise me...most would just expect the leaders of this team (so called) to take a little more responsibility and understand that this type of stuff is not going to be received well...

Like i said before, this goes on everywhere...winning and losing programs...it is a staple of major college athletics, but do this stuff out of the public eye...athletes already have a bad enough reputation as it is...

This attitude has been going on sense the schools were implemented...athletes don't want to go to class? No way.

Obviously, it doesn't need to be broadcasted throughout the web, so that doesnt' help the perception. If you're out of college and adding athletes as your facebook friends...that's pretty sad.

Folks lets not go off the deep end here. These are kids talking to each other on a social network and they say stuff all the time using slang. My 12 year old does this with his buddies. Facebook's intention is not for a grown man with a man crush on a college athlete to view and read personal texts/conversations between friends.

Good lord lets get a life people. What they write is not the most flattering thing in the world but stay out of their personal lives please the man crush is scary.

Your 12 year old says f*** and n***a? LOL sorry I couldn't resist.

Today is the first time I had looked at TMG's page and I personally have no desire to. However your personal life ceases to be personal when you put it out there for anyone in the public to see. Isn't that the definition of "public", not "personal"? I mean honestly something like that could affect any one of us. Imagine if you applied for a job and the employer went online and found your facebook page and it had a bunch of objectionable content on it. And by the way I have a friend that is a recruiter and she does that quite often. People just aren't aware of the potential ramifications of having pages that the general public can view.

I don't care that they don't like school.

I care that they think it's funny to brag about skipping class and study sessions. I care that they think it's funny to egg each other on in this manner.

Too many TMG's, Tiny's, and WW's.....not enough Taylor's, Crocker's, and AJ's.

Your 12 year old says f*** and n***a? LOL sorry I couldn't resist.

Today is the first time I had looked at TMG's page and I personally have no desire to. However your personal life ceases to be personal when you put it out there for anyone in the public to see. Isn't that the definition of "public", not "personal"? I mean honestly something like that could affect any one of us. Imagine if you applied for a job and the employer went online and found your facebook page and it had a bunch of objectionable content on it. And by the way I have a friend that is a recruiter and she does that quite often. People just aren't aware of the potential ramifications of having pages that the general public can view.

Everytime our department brings in college grads for on site interviews, I get on facebook to see if the females are hot.

Sad, I know...

I know it looks bad but they were joking guys and they did it as an inside joke but its gone now.

As far as this nonsense about most athletes not caring about academics, its actually the other way around. Most DO care.

That kind of stuff is dumb to put up there, but also like buttermaker and others have said, some of you are blowing it way out of proportion.

But couldn't TMG have avoided this problem of putting questionable stuff out there for all the world to see if he just checked the box to make his stuff private? Lol.

That kind of stuff is dumb to put up there, but also like buttermaker and others have said, some of you are blowing it way out of proportion.

But couldn't TMG have avoided this problem of putting questionable stuff out there for all the world to see if he just checked the box to make his stuff private? Lol.

Exactly. It's quite dumb to have it set where any Joe blow on the net can read your stuff, not just your "friends". That's what I was alluding to earlier.

I know it looks bad but they were joking guys and they did it as an inside joke but its gone now.

As far as this nonsense about most athletes not caring about academics, its actually the other way around. Most DO care.

This thread has ran its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back