Pledger vs. Cade... who is the starting SG?

i think people aren't projecting what kind of team this will be correctly. both cade and bird will start because the offense will suit their styles better. as i look at the videos you can see there will be far less one on one action and more ball screens and shooters coming of curls for mid range jump shots. think back to when hollis price was here and how he came off screens for open shots.

i think blair is going to start because he's going to get the offense set up and not try to do too much. Expect to see more passing and less dribbling from this team. i think newell and cam will def come off the bench and bring a different dimension to the offense with their ability to attack the rim.

I think coach has learned his lesson about relying so heavily on freshman. We will see the veterans and those with above high school level experience will definitely lead this team.

i think people aren't projecting what kind of team this will be correctly. both cade and bird will start because the offense will suit their styles better. as i look at the videos you can see there will be far less one on one action and more ball screens and shooters coming of curls for mid range jump shots. think back to when hollis price was here and how he came off screens for open shots.

i think blair is going to start because he's going to get the offense set up and not try to do too much. Expect to see more passing and less dribbling from this team. i think newell and cam will def come off the bench and bring a different dimension to the offense with their ability to attack the rim.

I think coach has learned his lesson about relying so heavily on freshman. We will see the veterans and those with above high school level experience will definitely lead this team.

How does that reflect cades game? He is not a shooter... He seemed to do better by taking it strong to the basket

All I will say is - it is sad that two are the options. Can we have a do over? Cade is a great kid, but is he really a D1 starter? I would like him as a bench or role player in a D1 Program, but a starter? I really respect his effort, heart and hard work - but......... Pledger, we will see? I think the talent is there, but I did not see the effort and dedication last year. So the jury is still out on him in my book. Love me some Sooners, so go ahead and rip my thoughts! Looking forward to cheering for and cussing at this young team this season.

How does that reflect cades game? He is not a shooter... He seemed to do better by taking it strong to the basket

coming off screens will help him get space so he doesn't have to beat his man off the dribble. Plus i think Cade is a better shooter than he is given credit for and i think he is more of a jump shooter than a stand still catch and shoot shooter.

Last time I checked, Cade isn't a WW type player and will just run at someone to get to the basket. He's going to need space created off screens to get to the cup.

I'll take the kid who doesn't have sticky fingers. Well, they may be sticky from the hair gel, I'll take Cade Davis just the same.

I'll take the kid who doesn't have sticky fingers. Well, they may be sticky from the hair gel, I'll take Cade Davis just the same.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him "Jesus" and he lifted up his head and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

But you have to deal with your type on this board, A kid made a mistake, he paid for it, his family paid for it...it's over

The funny thing is, since he has shed the "baby fat" and looks good in all the videos, you have have to attack his character, since you cant attack his game

I'll take Cade for his toughness, though I would like to see Pledger get valuable minutes.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him "Jesus" and he lifted up his head and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

But you have to deal with your type on this board, A kid made a mistake, he paid for it, his family paid for it...it's over

The funny thing is, since he has shed the "baby fat" and looks good in all the videos, you have have to attack his character, since you cant attack his game
Scripture's all well and good, but I want to be able to trust my starters absolutely. Shoplifting mere hours after the biggest win of the season is a decision so ridiculous I'd have trouble renewing the kid's scholarship.

But we're talking starters here. And I want a kid I can trust out there for the opening bell......and that's why I take Cade Davis.

Thou shall not steal.

Jk man. kid made a mistake, get over it.

All that crap is behind us. It's not good to rehash it. I believe Pledger will be a very very important part of this team this year. I wouldn't surprise me to see him step up and be a more vocal leader on the court. I'm ready to see him have those 15-20 point games that he had at the beginning of last year.

Scripture's all well and good, but I want to be able to trust my starters absolutely. Shoplifting mere hours after the biggest win of the season is a decision so ridiculous I'd have trouble renewing the kid's scholarship.

But we're talking starters here. And I want a kid I can trust out there for the opening bell......and that's why I take Cade Davis.

lol

Cade's experience, leadership, solid defense and just plain ole' hard work will put him in the driver's seat to start at the two. I happen to think Steven Pledger is going to have a great season. But he'll have to earn his way into that position in games.

I'm anxious for the season to begin so we can watch these kids battle for a spot in the starting lineup. Should be interesting!

Back