Potential lineup changes??

Perhaps Moser is closer to a small program type coach then one at a high profile school. He may be overwhelmed. coaching in the Big 12. He isn't a Kelvin type of grinder more like old timer Doyle Parrack who was a bust 60 years ago trying to be a Hank Iba disciple.

Perhaps Moser is closer to a small program type coach then one at a high profile school. He may be overwhelmed. coaching in the Big 12. He isn't a Kelvin type of grinder more like old timer Doyle Parrack who was a bust 60 years ago trying to be a Hank Iba disciple.

he is 100% a kelvin type of grinder ..

….before KS spent time as an assistant in the NBA, maybe.

It would be an insult to Kelvin to compare Moser to him now!

i don't know about an insult .. but yeah clearly i was talking about the kelvin that was the OU coach in a much much much weaker big 12

i don't know about an insult .. but yeah clearly i was talking about the kelvin that was the OU coach in a much much much weaker big 12

I don’t know about that. The big 12 was really tough back then too. Not nearly as deep but osu, Texas, Kansas, isu and OU were all really good

I don’t know about that. The big 12 was really tough back then too. Not nearly as deep but osu, Texas, Kansas, isu and OU were all really good

Any talk of the "Big 12 wasn't as good" is pure hogwash and is just making excuses for Capel, Kruger, and now Moser unable to get the program at or above mediocre.

This is always such a silly debate. Two things can be true: Kelvin Sampson was and still is a fantastic coach, probably one of the two or three best in the country, AND the Big 12 over the past few years is unquestionably better than at any previous time. Acknowledging the latter reality doesn't diminish Kelvin. I'm quite sure that when Houston joins the league in a few months, he will be quick to say that the league is better than it's ever been.

if the contention is that the Big 12 is better, then the rest of the league got better and we didn't? That doesn't make me feel any better.

Any talk of the "Big 12 wasn't as good" is pure hogwash and is just making excuses for Capel, Kruger, and now Moser unable to get the program at or above mediocre.

Carol went to an Elite 8, Kruger to a final four. I want that mediocracy.

it is a fact .. and OU had an easier schedule as has been proven and shown out many many times ..

This is always such a silly debate. Two things can be true: Kelvin Sampson was and still is a fantastic coach, probably one of the two or three best in the country, AND the Big 12 over the past few years is unquestionably better than at any previous time. Acknowledging the latter reality doesn't diminish Kelvin. I'm quite sure that when Houston joins the league in a few months, he will be quick to say that the league is better than it's ever been.

yep all of this ..

the big 12 current run makes it basically the best conf in the modern era

This times a million. It’s a minor point in this post, but the loose ball point is something that drives me crazy, but as you say, it’s not effort, it’s the fact our opponents are longer and quicker and jump higher. Even if we have better position, we probably only come up with about 30 percent of 50/50 balls.

Tanner is just a frustrating player to watch. He does rebound well and he plays hard, but his basketball IQ isn’t where you’d expect from a fifth year player. And his shooting has dropped off so much. He doesn’t have a low post game, and if he can’t make more than 25 percent from distance, opposing bigs don’t have to worry much about him outside, so his offensive value becomes next to nothing.

I couldn’t agree more!

I think Tanner is a major part of our problem on offense and especially on defense. In what basketball universe is a player who shoots 28% from three thought to be a “good shooter?” Our opponents are thrilled to see him set up behind the arc and leave rebounding a miss to a light in the britches PF and an undersized Jalen Hill who at 6’ 6” is doing his best to get a rare offensive rebound.

I can’t be the only one who has noticed how their players just back off and dare Tanner to shoot. And, why not? There is a 72% chance he’ll miss and the odds of getting the rebound are in their favor. Besides, he’s our best chance to put back a miss, if he’s inside where he should be instead of being set up on the perimeter pretending to be a “good shooter.”

The silly fouls and the questionable decisions he makes are another matter entirely. Drives me crazy, but I’m exhausted just thinking about how much he could help the team if he would use his size as an advantage down low!

the big 12 current run makes it basically the best conf in the modern era

Top to bottom maybe

But Kansas was Kansas. Texas was better. Ou was better. Isu was better. Missouri was good. Osu was way better.

Tech was probably better. Baylor was worse

[/B]
I couldn’t agree more!

I think Tanner is a major part of our problem on offense and especially on defense. In what basketball universe is a player who shoots 28% from three thought to be a “good shooter?” Our opponents are thrilled to see him set up behind the arc and leave rebounding a miss to a light in the britches PF and an undersized Jalen Hill who at 6’ 6” is doing his best to get a rare offensive rebound.

I can’t be the only one who has noticed how their players just back off and dare Tanner to shoot. And, why not? There is a 72% chance he’ll miss and the odds of getting the rebound are in their favor. Besides, he’s our best chance to put back a miss, if he’s inside where he should be instead of being set up on the perimeter pretending to be a “good shooter.”

The silly fouls and the questionable decisions he makes are another matter entirely. Drives me crazy, but I’m exhausted just thinking about how much he could help the team if he would use his size as an advantage down low!

I will say that this is the only year where tanner has shot close to this bad. He was 38% last year. Something’s off

Top to bottom maybe

But Kansas was Kansas. Texas was better. Ou was better. Isu was better. Missouri was good. Osu was way better.

Tech was probably better. Baylor was worse

I'd agree on KU. Texas was probably comparable to now. ISU made the tourney 5 times and finished under .500 three times while Kelvin was at OU. OSU was definitely better. Tech was not even close to being better. They made the tourney 3 times while Kelvin was here, and finished under .500 five times. Baylor is a million times better. And you are leaving out Colorado and Nebraska and KSU and A&M. It is laughable to say the current league is "maybe" better top to bottom. And it makes no sense why anyone would even try to make such an argument. No one who coached, played, broadcast, or worked for the conference in any capacity would do so. It was a really good league back then. It's historically great now.

I'd agree on KU. Texas was probably comparable to now. ISU made the tourney 5 times and finished under .500 three times while Kelvin was at OU. OSU was definitely better. Tech was not even close to being better. They made the tourney 3 times while Kelvin was here, and finished under .500 five times. Baylor is a million times better. And you are leaving out Colorado and Nebraska and KSU and A&M. It is laughable to say the current league is "maybe" better top to bottom. And it makes no sense why anyone would even try to make such an argument. No one who coached, played, broadcast, or worked for the conference in any capacity would do so. It was a really good league back then. It's historically great now.

Ok lol

Damn, good one. You definitely refuted the facts in my post with your amazing and witty retort. Keep making it personal.

I’m just done with you. You seem to be a miserable human being and not worth my time. You were the one that said my opinion was laughable.

Back