Early Projected 2024 Starting Lineup

Thread one:

We need a legit four man

Board points out the league doesn't gave old school fours like 20 years ago

Thread two:

If we had someone else's undersized four we'd be ok.
Ours sucks

Thread three:
I'm not a Debbie downer. I say positive things. (Once every 30-40 posts)

Thread four:

Moser can't do it. He's getting fired.

Rinse repeat

Thread one:

We need a legit four man

Board points out the league doesn't gave old school fours like 20 years ago

Thread two:

If we had someone else's undersized four we'd be ok.
Ours sucks

Thread three:
I'm not a Debbie downer. I say positive things. (Once every 30-40 posts)

Thread four:

Moser can't do it. He's getting fired.

Rinse repeat

We need good, Big 12 caliber basketball players. Didn’t have enough the past two years. A common theme that even the pro-Moser crowd agreed on last season was that we were relying too much on guys who ideally should have been 9th or 10th men on a quality Big 12 team. Well, Moore and Soares both seem to fit in that same camp. So yeah, call it Debbie downer if you want, but it is also based in reality.

Again, it just amazes me how quickly some of you adjust your message in order to stay on the Moser bandwagon. All of the confidence that we would land an established, proven four. Mocking those of us who predicted that wouldn’t happen. Then immediately shift gears and hype up how a backup, undersized Georgia Tech role player is a good get and will help us play positionless basketball.

We need good, Big 12 caliber basketball players. Didn’t have enough the past two years. A common theme that even the pro-Moser crowd agreed on last season was that we were relying too much on guys who ideally should have been 9th or 10th men on a quality Big 12 team. Well, Moore and Soares both seem to fit in that same camp. So yeah, call it Debbie downer if you want, but it is also based in reality.

Again, it just amazes me how quickly some of you adjust your message in order to stay on the Moser bandwagon. All of the confidence that we would land an established, proven four. Mocking those of us who predicted that wouldn’t happen. Then immediately shift gears and hype up how a backup, undersized Georgia Tech role player is a good get and will help us play positionless basketball.

6'7 is not an undersized 4 in 2023 ..

OU got much much more athletic in the portal this season .. and they are saying they want to play faster ..

will they be better i think so .. but it very much depends on los getting better hugley being good and mccollum being good .

Your constant pessimism is beyond tiring. Believe me when I say I'm speaking for MANY on here.

How are you so sure Moore is not a Big 12 caliber player?

Jalen Hill:
Freshman Year: 1.9pts, 2.1reb, 39.6 FG%
Sophomore Year: 4.4pts, 2.9reb, 44.7 FG%
---
Junior Year: 9.1pts, 5.9 reb, 57.9 FG%
Senior Year: 9.7pts, 5.8reb, 49.8 FG%

Jalon Moore:
Freshman Year: 2.8pts, 1.9 reb, 45.2 FG%
Sophomore Year: 7.6pts, 4.7reb, 43.1 FG%

Per 40 minutes last year:

Jalen Hill: 11.8pts, 7.0 reb, 49.8 FG%
Jalon Moore: 14.8pts, 9.1 reb, 43.1 FG%

To be fair, no one is really hyping him up. Just saying that he's an unfinished product and it's way too soon to right him or determine what his ceiling could be.

Moore's shooting is a much bigger problem than being 6'7. If he's not good enough to start, we have other people. We may not have landed a unicorn 4, but if our main guys deliver, we'll be fine.

If Hugley and McCollum are the real deal, this could be a good team. If not, we could be in for another long year. We will just have to wait and see, but I have more optimism than I had last year.

Moore's shooting is a much bigger problem than being 6'7. If he's not good enough to start, we have other people. We may not have landed a unicorn 4, but if our main guys deliver, we'll be fine.

If Hugley and McCollum are the real deal, this could be a good team. If not, we could be in for another long year. We will just have to wait and see, but I have more optimism than I had last year.

I was jacked for Bam last year and the freshman and sherfield. Bam was one of the bigger busts i can even think of in an OU jersey..

I'm jacked for the freshman this year and mccollum and hopeful for hugley. Well see. I'm about the same but with more doubt about Porter overall tho..

Does OU have 2 players that can average 12-15 points per game on the roster next season to lead the team?

Does OU have 2 players that can average 12-15 points per game on the roster next season to lead the team?

with out question ..

I will be surprised if

Los McCollum and Hugely don't all average over 12 ppg

with out question ..

I will be surprised if

We had one guy over 10.2 last season. Unless I am missing someone, Baylor and TCU were the only conference teams with three guys over 12, and TCU barely got there. Since we play at a snail's pace, there is almost no chance this actually happens. We have multiple guys who are probably capable of averaging 12 if they were the focal point of the offense, but three of them doing it in the same season? Ain't going to happen.

We also have no idea what we have in Norweather and Yaya. Even if those dudes can give solid minutes, would be good.

with out question ..

I will be surprised if

One out of three ain't bad. 🤷‍♂️

Not picking on you, was just looking for an old post and found this thread. I was wrong about Moore in it, I can admit that.

I would bet Moore, JM, Oweh, and possibly Uzan will be gone.
It's not even worth investing in the players on the team as fans until the NCAA fixes NIL and the portal. Yearly roster rebuilds will be the norm if you're a squad like OU that isn't heavily paying NIL to retain/acquire players. If Moser was able to bring back the guys on this year's team and add depth inside along with a shooter it was legitimately a top 15 squad in 25, meanwhile we're starting over from scratch again.

It's not even worth investing in the players on the team as fans until the NCAA fixes NIL and the portal. Yearly roster rebuilds will be the norm if you're a squad like OU that isn't heavily paying NIL to retain/acquire players. If Moser was able to bring back the guys on this year's team and add depth inside along with a shooter it was legitimately a top 15 squad in 25.
Depth inside??? We don't have a legitimate 5 on the roster. We need a starter and a backup.

It's not even worth investing in the players on the team as fans until the NCAA fixes NIL and the portal. Yearly roster rebuilds will be the norm if you're a squad like OU that isn't heavily paying NIL to retain/acquire players. If Moser was able to bring back the guys on this year's team and add depth inside along with a shooter it was legitimately a top 15 squad in 25, meanwhile we're starting over from scratch again.
I don’t think we would be rated that high but I agree in principal. I’m a lot less invested in college basketball and football in general

Back