Projected starters for next year

I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks Gibson will be good for us as the full time PG. I just didn't see last year. His handles were adequate in short bursts, but starting PG??? I'm just not convinced.....

I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks Gibson will be good for us as the full time PG. I just didn't see last year. His handles were adequate in short bursts, but starting PG??? I'm just not convinced.....

I tend to agree. I think he is perfectly capable of playing the role for 10 minutes a game or more if needed, but it would take away from his best role, which is as a shooter and scorer, if he is the primary ball handler for 30+ minutes per night. I think we had so many turnover issues from our other guards that he looked great by comparison, but that doesn’t mean you’d want to go into the year with him as your starting point.

I tend to agree. I think he is perfectly capable of playing the role for 10 minutes a game or more if needed, but it would take away from his best role, which is as a shooter and scorer, if he is the primary ball handler for 30+ minutes per night. I think we had so many turnover issues from our other guards that he looked great by comparison, but that doesn’t mean you’d want to go into the year with him as your starting point.

Exactly how I feel....

Need to hit the portal hard. Running it back with mostly same team possibly minus Mo does not excite me.

Need to hit the portal hard. Running it back with mostly same team possibly minus Mo does not excite me.

Even though you'd think there'd be improvement in a second year in a system... yes, I agree. The OU basketball fanbase needs a jolt of excitement and hope. Running out the same dudes does not check that box. I mean I guess i'm glad some of these guys keep announcing they're back but the more they do the more I wonder how many new dudes he can get. I think we're down to Mason, Gibson, Rick, and Mawein.

I just hope that if Moser does hit paydirt in the portal he truly allows them to compete and doesn't just start Tanner or whomever out of loyalty. From what I can tell I think(hope) he'll start the best guys, including the freshmen. I wonder if he ever started a freshman at Loyola?

I don't see the upside.

I'm not a big Harkless fan either, but I still believe the comment I made is factual. If he (Harkless) really was getting transfer interest from other schools, he isn't staying at OU to come off the bench.

In today's game you can get by with it. Goldwire wasn't the only OU player asked to create in our offense. I agree, end of the shot clock, giving the ball to Mo at the top of the key and asking him to do something is a little scary, but we have other options. We have other players.

Mo did better down the stretch when the ball was in his hands more, and Moser gave him more of a green light to work outside of the offense. I'm confident we could start Mo at PG, and find a way to make it work if we need to.

A high scoring PG, like Mo would be, would allow you to run high pick and rolls with TGroves and create a lot of offense off this set. Plus it would give Mo a better chance to create in late shot clock situations, which - despite his size, I believe him to be the best shot creator on the team at this time.

I'm not a big Harkless fan either, but I still believe the comment I made is factual. If he (Harkless) really was getting transfer interest from other schools, he isn't staying at OU to come off the bench.

At this moment, if he was healthy, he's in the starting lineup. I can't imagine Porter promised him anymore beyond that. If the young guys (Noland, Uzan, Oweh) develop or we get a strong wing transfer, he quickly drops to a 15-20 minute guy.

At this moment, if he was healthy, he's in the starting lineup. I can't imagine Porter promised him anymore beyond that. If the young guys (Noland, Uzan, Oweh) develop or we get a strong wing transfer, he quickly drops to a 15-20 minute guy.

these are my thoughts as well

We'll never know. But the kid passed up a chance to transfer "home" for his last season, to a better team. I gotta think Moser is counting on him.

Some of you all expect way to much out of our incoming freshmen. Especially in this conference, and with Moser's offense and defense. Not saying they won't play. Not saying one or two of them might not even play a lot. Just saying that none of them are super stars, and it's been a while since we had true freshman come in and contribute like some of you are expecting.

We'll never know. But the kid passed up a chance to transfer "home" for his last season, to a better team. I gotta think Moser is counting on him.

Some of you all expect way to much out of our incoming freshmen. Especially in this conference, and with Moser's offense and defense. Not saying they won't play. Not saying one or two of them might not even play a lot. Just saying that none of them are super stars, and it's been a while since we had true freshman come in and contribute like some of you are expecting.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the Harkless thing? Dude already transferred, so would he not have to sit out? Perhaps not if he had graduated, I'm not entirely sure how that works for guys who already have a transfer under their belt.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the Harkless thing? Dude already transferred, so would he not have to sit out? Perhaps not if he had graduated, I'm not entirely sure how that works for guys who already have a transfer under their belt.

he would have been a grad transfer .. which gives players a second transfer without sitting

PG Cortes
SG Gibson
SF Harkless
PF Hill
C T. Groves

All will vastly improve in their 2nd year under Moser. Tourny team, 4-9 seed.

No way Cortes starts at PG after last year. Just no way.

I think he has a lot of potential. In year's past he would have redshirted last year and no one would be complaining. I will re-examine my projection when Moser adds a portal PG.

No way Cortes starts at PG after last year. Just no way.

I'm not sure what to think about Cortes. The only thing that I can guarantee is that if he turns the ball over at the same rate or near the same rate as he did this year, then he won't be playing much. If he plays under control, manages the offense, and is serviceable....then I have no problem with him getting decent minutes.

Back