Question for our resident TU fans

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
OSU was bragging that it would be 60/40 to 50/50 TU to OSU fans at the RC. What was the final breakdown iyo? Congrats on the win. Even though I am supposed to cheer for the Big 12, I still always love it win OSU goes down, and it sounds like you guys took to the woodshed with hot shooting and good interior defense.

:clap

These may give some clues. That being said, I do like the size/configuration of Tulsa's arena. Their attendance was almost identical to ours (8,445) and I bet the place was a much more intimidating environment than what we had tonight.

Not saying we didn't have a good crowd because we did, but pack those 9,000 OU fans into a smaller/newer venue like this and I think it gives you more of a homecort advantage.

picture1bs.png

picture2xh.png

I know nothing about the science of accoustics, but I have noticed that the Reynolds Center has what looks like metal on the walls that surround the court. I've always wondered if this makes a loud crowd sound even louder.

I was at the TU-Hawaii WAC Championship game several years ago and the Reynolds Center was blaring. It can be a very loud arena.

I was at the TU-Hawaii WAC Championship game several years ago and the Reynolds Center was blaring. It can be a very loud arena.

It can be VERY loud.

But TU gets away with an arena that size b/c there aren't many games where they'd "outsell it". OU can't do that, as we'd be leaving a significant amount of cash at the door.

It can be VERY loud.

But TU gets away with an arena that size b/c there aren't many games where they'd "outsell it". OU can't do that, as we'd be leaving a significant amount of cash at the door.

Correct.

I do think it is the perfect size for TU.

I wish they would play the big school state championships there this year rather than ORU. Much smaller gym. ORU is in the 11,000's while TU is just under 9,000.

I was there last night and there was about 1,500-2,000 OSU fans there. It was very loud, the TU fans were in it like a big time conference game. OSU fans didn't have a lot to cheer about, but the TU fans really helped their team.

What makes their arena more intimidating, regardless of size, is that it is a basketball only arena that was designed entirely around basketball, while ours is a multipurpose arena that was not.

propoke is right, probably about 1500-2000 OSU fans there. That would be 75/25. The energy in the building was pretty awesome last night.

I watched a lot of that game as our game was getting in our control, but OSU kinda gave up in the 2nd half. And Tulsa couldn't miss. They may be the best team in the state right now, but I think OU and OSU will get better as the year goes on and be better teams by NCAA tourney time. However Tulsa may be better than anyone OU's played so far this season.

I watched a lot of that game as our game was getting in our control, but OSU kinda gave up in the 2nd half. And Tulsa couldn't miss. They may be the best team in the state right now, but I think OU and OSU will get better as the year goes on and be better teams by NCAA tourney time. However Tulsa may be better than anyone OU's played so far this season.

May be better? I think it is safe to say Tulsa is significantly better than anyone OU has played this year. Arkansas is a name, but it is likely the worst Arkansas team in the history of their program.

VCU is pretty good. Don't know about Houston right now.

May be better? I think it is safe to say Tulsa is significantly better than anyone OU has played this year. Arkansas is a name, but it is likely the worst Arkansas team in the history of their program.

VCU and Tulsa would be a good match-up imo. They both have had a bad loss, but I think it would be a really good game.

It can be VERY loud.

I think Cameron only holds 9,000.

I wouldn't mind building a new arena that only held 10,000 and put all the seats closer to the court. It would make for a better environment. I'd rather have it be hard to get tickets to OU basketball games than to walk up, buy a $10 ticket and move down to midcourt.

Since when is losing on the road against a 6-0 team from the MVC a bad loss?

Again, didn't we just beat them by 8 in a scrimmage?

Since when is losing on the road against a 6-0 team from the MVC a bad loss?

You are probably right. I didn't see the game, so I can't really make a definite call on it. I just think that VCU is really good. Larry Sanders > Jerome Jordan imo. But Uzoh is better than Gavin or Burgess. I just really like VCU's team this year and think they would give Tulsa a good game and matchup well.

Last edited:
These may give some clues. That being said, I do like the size/configuration of Tulsa's arena. Their attendance was almost identical to ours (8,445) and I bet the place was a much more intimidating environment than what we had tonight.

Not saying we didn't have a good crowd because we did, but pack those 9,000 OU fans into a smaller/newer venue like this and I think it gives you more of a homecort advantage.

Totally agree, Sooner23! Duke is another good example. Cameron Indoor Arena is known for its crazy fans. But those fans (9,314 strong at capacity) wouldn't have near the impact if they were spread out in an arena the size of the Lloyd Noble Center.

Back