question....

soonertboy824

Reaction score
where are cades mins this yr??? i just dont see them. His role on last years team was being a shooter but pledger is the better shooter so will cade see the floor

Cade will definitely see the floor. I think he's the first perimeter guy off the bench. It will take Pledger some time. But even then it will be Pledger and Cade as the two perimeter guys that see a lot of time off the bench spelling the 3 perimeter positions. That's plenty of minutes.

It's all about consistency. Cade has shown none of it. Crocker has shown none of it (even if he is spectacular on occasions). If Pledger can hit in games then he will play, because Cade was our worst shooting guard last year. His percentage is comparable to others, but all he shoots is wide open 3s. Our other guards regularly shot contested shots and had more versatility. Cade has never impressed me, but I hope that either him or Pledger can do so this year.

I think cade will be the first off the bench at first...mid season I see pledger first off the bench and if given oppertunities willis will be next...then cade....but I think we will have 6 guards getting a good amount of playing time

Cade is one of 3 guys on this roster that Capel can trust based on past experience. Willie and Tony are the other two. So he will play. Especially early when the freshman are still lost.

There were times early last year that this was the lineup in crunch time in big games like against Davidson or Purdue..

AJ
Cade
Tony
Griffin
Griffin

And that was with a superior talent in Willie Warren.

Cade will be a Junior in the program; I think it is a little early to write him off to not getting minutes now when he has gotten them in the past. Personally I think Cade will be one of the suprises on this team as he gets more and more comfortable in his role.

I think many fans fail to realize what trust and experience mean to a coach. I suspect to see Cade Davis get plenty of time, especially early in the year. I also expect to see Orlondo Allen and Ryan Wright get time. Ryan has been at OU all three years under Capel (he redshirted the first season). Tony Crocker is the only other guy that has been there for 3 years. This is not to say I don't think TMG, Gallon, Fitzgerald and/or Pledger will contribute (with two of them likely starters) I just think Capel will be comfortable with Cade Davis and Ryan Wright because he trusts they will do what he wants them to do.

You know, its not too common to see a guy get pretty regular minutes as a freshman and sophomore then ride the bench as a junior and senior. People talk all the time about guys getting "recruited past" but in truth you just don't see it happen that much. Cade is a solid player, a hard worker and a team leader. He has done everything right to ensure he gets on the floor.

(Also, Denver I think Ryan Wright has only been here two year...just sayin)

I also remember a very similar post to this last year saying Sr. Taylor Griffin was going to find it hard to find mins.....People under value the hard work players put in under a coach for 3 years. I'm not saying Cade will play all the time but if he has matured his mental side of the game, he has shown the ability to not only play this game but at a very high level. Capel has loved Cade's work ethic from the start and that does nothing but help his chances IF as I said his mind catches up with his body!

Cade will get minutes. He can heat up and drain the three. He plays aggressive defense and is one of the better rebounders on our team. He is valuable on the court in a lot of ways even when his shot isn't falling. Threads like this make me wonder if you guys saw OU play last year. Cade looked good last season. He doesn't make many mistakes and that is biggest way to get yourself off the bench. Freshman make mistakes so don't expect him to lose a lot of minutes.

Back