Rank the Big 12 --- May 22nd

kenpom had KSU ranked 23 during the 07-08 year on defense. 42 last year. That's very very solid defense.

Baylor has never been higher than 102 under Drew. (which occurred last year)

Cheno- you hit the nail on the head..........
Martin had the same issue with Beasley and Walker as you rightly pointed out.

I know. The similarities are obvious to all except KSU fans.

kenpom had KSU ranked 23 during the 07-08 year on defense. 42 last year. That's very very solid defense.

Kenpom is bogus and to use it as some statistical resource is a joke. Anyone who saw KSU play in '07-08 knows they didn't play defense and they inmates ran the asylum. There were times during timeouts that Martin did nothing but watch Beasley, Pullen and Walker yell at each other. Team was stacked with talent and did nothing. They got hammered in the Big Dance but a team with little talent in Wisconsin. They just had a coach.

lol. thanks for proving my point, chensy.

Haha anyone that is ripping Martin for his coaching during the MB/BW year, better be kissing his arse for the masterful job he did with crap talent last year. That team played hard and inspired basketball and if it weren't for playing such a craptastic NonCon schedule, they would have been dancing.

I don't think it is even close as to who is the better defensive coach (or coach in general) between Martin and Drew. Martin is also the better motivater (dude is scarey) and recruiter at this point.

This upcoming year is huge for Scott Drew as a coach. He has the talent, length, and depth. He better coach like it.

As for people picking the Cats 6th, I think they have a much better chance of finishing 2nd in the league then they do finishing 6th.

Haha anyone that is ripping Martin for his coaching during the MB/BW year, better be kissing his arse for the masterful job he did with crap talent last year. That team played hard and inspired basketball and if it weren't for playing such a craptastic NonCon schedule, they would have been dancing.

I don't think it is even close as to who is the better defensive coach (or coach in general) between Martin and Drew. Martin is also the better motivater (dude is scarey) and recruiter at this point.

This upcoming year is huge for Scott Drew as a coach. He has the talent, length, and depth. He better coach like it.

As for people picking the Cats 6th, I think they have a much better chance of finishing 2nd in the league then they do finishing 6th.

There is no way KSU finishes 6th, lol...

i'm not convinced there will be a huge difference in quality between the 2nd and 6th place teams.

Gotta love the myth of Frank Martin.
He does crap with all the talent in the world his first year and gets a pass.
His 2nd year according to some he has no talent, doesn't make the Big Dance and yet he's lauded. But wait...I thought he's a great recruiter? Yet he has crap talent.
I'll never understand the love affair with Frank Martin.
He's crude, vulgar, his teams lack discipline, he was kicked out of high school coaching...I just don't get it.
He had all the talent in the world on the Beasley/Walker squad and the team ran right over him. It was disgraceful.
KSU will finish closer to 6th than 2nd. At best they are 4th in the Big 12. At best.

It's hilarious to me that more people are taking offense to KSU being picked 6th than OU. Amazing!!!

I think most of you are a bit too pessimistic. I am going to be optimistic:

1. KU (Deepest team, easiest schedule)
2. OU (a lot of fire power on the perimeter with some promising bigs)
3. UT (wiill miss Abrahms more than most think)
4. Baylor (an improving team with real talent)
5. KSU (I don't really know why I put them here)
6. A&M (Solid front line, descent supporting cast)
7. OSU (too dependant on the three)
8. Missouri (will miss the seniors a lot)
9. ISU (Brackens is back, is this too low)
10. CU (who cares, certainly not the students or people of Denver)
11. Nebraska (who cares)
12. Tech (someone has to be last)

Kenpom is bogus and to use it as some statistical resource is a joke.

All he does is count the points, divide by the number of possessions, and adjust for opposition... how is that a joke again? I coulda sworn that is how you should evaluate a team statistically...

1. KU (Umm... really good)
2. UT (Will miss Abrams less than most think)
3. KSU (Most everybody back + Wally Judge)
4. OU (Losing Patillo hurts)
5. T A&M (Solid)
6. OSU (Wait... do they have a frontcourt?)
7. BU (Too much talent to be much below this... and not enough coaching to be far above)
8. MU (Have to replace two excellent forwards)
9. NU (Just a good, solid, non-talented team)
10. ISU (Brackins and ... ... ... well, Brackins is really good)
11. CU (A good coach, perhaps could be as high as 9th. I want to see it first)
12. TT (Why would anyone think they could be higher?)

All he does is count the points, divide by the number of possessions, and adjust for opposition... how is that a joke again? I coulda sworn that is how you should evaluate a team statistically...

pomeroy's stats are great.

some people don't understand them, but that isn't his fault.

Back