Rank the top 5 power forwards coming into the Big 12

thebigabd

Reaction score
*NOTE FOR CHENO*- These are not returning players. They are new recruits from the 2009 class.

1.) Wally Judge (6'9'' 220) KANSAS STATE-Selected as a Mcdonalds All-American, but did not play in the game due to injury. Rated as the #7 power forward nationally, and the #18 overall player. The best "big man" athlete entering the Big 12 this year. Averaged 20.1 points and 17.8 rebounds per game through 28 games as a senior. “Wally runs like the wind,” said Martin. “He is big and strong – just a big time talent that we think has an incredible future ahead of him."

2.) Thomas Robinson (6'8'' 222) KANSAS-Named a Reebok All-American. Scored 14 points in the Reebok Game. Rated as the #10 power forward nationally, and the #31 overall player. Great athlete, good shooter, big time player. “Thomas is a rebounder,” Self said. “He goes after every ball. He’s a high energy guy that probably has as good a motor as anybody we’ve had since we’ve been here. He has a chance to be about as good of a rebounder as there is in this senior class."

3.) Karron Johnson (6'7'' 210) OKLAHOMA STATE
-Rated as the #15 power forward nationally by rivals, and the #57 overall player. Has personal and academic issues, and its uncertain if he will make it to Stillwater. If he makes, Johnson will be an instant starter for OSU. He can shoot, put the ball on the floor, post up, and rebound very well.

4.) Andrew Fitzgerald (6'8'' 260) OKLAHOMA
-Rated as the #9 center in the country, but I think he is more of a power forward and put him on this list. Selected as a Reebok All-American, and was one of the better performers with 16 points. Averaged 21 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 blocks per game as a junior. "Andrew's a big kid who really knows how to score, knows how to use his body. He has great touch for a big man. He's about 6-8, but has more than a seven-foot wingspan. And he's a good 260 pounds."-Jeff Capel

5.) Laron Dendy (6'9'' 220) IOWA STATE
-Rated as the 63rd-best player in the nation and the 17th-best power forward in the Rivals.com Class of 2007. Had a stress fracture in his foot which kept him from playing as a juco sophomore. Finished his senior year at New Hope Christian Prep School in North Carolina where he averaged 23.1 points and 12.2 rebounds...originally committed to Clemson.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am putting Gallon on the center list.

*NOTE FOR CHENO*- These are not returning players. They are new recruits from the 2009 class.

1.) Wally Judge (6'9'' 220) KANSAS STATE-Selected as a Mcdonalds All-American, but did not play in the game due to injury. Rated as the #7 power forward nationally, and the #18 overall player. The best "big man" athlete entering the Big 12 this year. Averaged 20.1 points and 17.8 rebounds per game through 28 games as a senior. “Wally runs like the wind,” said Martin. “He is big and strong – just a big time talent that we think has an incredible future ahead of him."

2.) Thomas Robinson (6'8'' 222) KANSAS-Named a Reebok All-American. Scored 14 points in the Reebok Game. Rated as the #10 power forward nationally, and the #31 overall player. Great athlete, good shooter, big time player. “Thomas is a rebounder,” Self said. “He goes after every ball. He’s a high energy guy that probably has as good a motor as anybody we’ve had since we’ve been here. He has a chance to be about as good of a rebounder as there is in this senior class."

3.) Karron Johnson (6'7'' 210) OKLAHOMA STATE
-Rated as the #15 power forward nationally by rivals, and the #57 overall player. Has personal and academic issues, and its uncertain if he will make it to Stillwater. If he makes, Johnson will be an instant starter for OSU. He can shoot, put the ball on the floor, post up, and rebound very well.

4.) Andrew Fitzgerald (6'8'' 260) OKLAHOMA
-Rated as the #9 center in the country, but I think he is more of a power forward and put him on this list. Selected as a Reebok All-American, and was one of the better performers with 16 points. Averaged 21 points, 18 rebounds, and 5 blocks per game as a junior. "Andrew's a big kid who really knows how to score, knows how to use his body. He has great touch for a big man. He's about 6-8, but has more than a seven-foot wingspan. And he's a good 260 pounds."-Jeff Capel

5.) Laron Dendy (6'9'' 220) IOWA STATE
-Rated as the 63rd-best player in the nation and the 17th-best power forward in the Rivals.com Class of 2007. Had a stress fracture in his foot which kept him from playing as a juco sophomore. Finished his senior year at New Hope Christian Prep School in North Carolina where he averaged 23.1 points and 12.2 rebounds...originally committed to Clemson.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I am putting Gallon on the center list.

If were rating them on what they are going to do next year I would go Judge, Dendy, Fitzgerald, Robinson, Johnson.

From a talent perspective I would rate it Judge, Robinson, Johnson, Dendy, Fitzgerald. I think Fitzgerald is a really good basketball player, but he's not very athletic and plays below the rim. Where as the other guys don't.

If were rating them on what they are going to do next year I would go Judge, Dendy, Fitzgerald, Robinson, Johnson.

From a talent perspective I would rate it Judge, Robinson, Johnson, Dendy, Fitzgerald. I think Fitzgerald is a really good basketball player, but he's not very athletic and plays below the rim. Where as the other guys don't.

Well, at least you agree with the 5 I put up there. :)

I think Fitz is a really good recruit as well, he just lacks the explosion that these other guys have. Dendy probably isnt explosive either, but has a chance to be a nice player next to Brackins next year.

How good is the Jefferson kid going to Baylor?

A lay-up is worth 2
A lay-in is worth 2
A dunk is worth 2
Now, a really exciting dunk is worth ... 2

How can Craig Brackins not be on the list for top PF's. Jeez.

Why no Tiny Gallon? Are you considering him a center? It seems to me he is a PF given that people say he has a better outside shot than most big guys. I am picturing him as a better version of Aarron McGhee (or at least hoping).

I was thinking it would be more appropriate to include Fitz on the Center list and Gallon on the PF list. Gallon is #1 in either group so I guess it doesn't matter.

i know robinson is the better athlete with a bigger upside ...

but fitz was the better player on their prep team ..

do you count transfers on these lists? if so, i'd think withey, kelly and udoh probably fit in somewhere (maybe moreso on the center list).

do you count transfers on these lists? if so, i'd think withey, kelly and udoh probably fit in somewhere (maybe moreso on the center list).

Transfers will be a different thread...

Back