Ray McCallum commits to.....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good NEWS!

A complete BLOW OUT ,in the second half.

Cal 89, Detroit 61
(Cal starters are sitting)

BLOW OUT…
Detroit did not look good.

Jr is looking at his future?

Miller is happy to hear about the CAL blow out.
Is Capel happy??

Time for JR to make up his mind….or ARIZONA goes forward.

Last edited:
Good NEWS!

Cal 89, Detroit 61

BLOW OUT…

Is Capel happy??

arnold-schwarzenegger-smoking-pot.jpg

Good NEWS!

Cal 89, Detroit 61

BLOW OUT…

Is Capel happy??

Who else is Arizona looking at to be a 2010 PG?

Here is a piece on Ray Jr, I thought it was interesting. I don't think he wants to battle TMG for minutes or be co-point guards.

Its clear that Coach Tubby Smith wants to add a top rated point guard to finish off the Gophers 2010 recruiting class. The heat is on with signing day just a week or so away and the Gophers have their sights set on both Cory Joseph and Ray McCallum Jr., a 6-1 point guard from Detroit Country Day School in Beverly Hills, Michigan.

GopherHole’s Nadine Babu recently caught up with McCallum to get the latest on his recruitment with signing day approaching.

GH: What are your top choices for schools?
RM: It’s like UCLA, Arizona, Florida, Detroit and Minnesota.

GH: You’ve already visited Oklahoma, what did you like about it?
RM: It was good. I like Coach Caple a lot. I used to live there and it was good to get back in a part of the country I like so it was good.

GH: What did you like about UCLA?
RM; It was good. I liked the coaching staff. The players were good to hang out with. It was good to get some warm weather and it’s a good basketball school with the history and they are serious about basketball. They tell me I can play right away.

GH: What other visits do you have lined up?
RM: Arizona and Florida.

GH: Are you planning on taking an official visit to Minnesota?
RM: I might but right now nothing is scheduled.

GH: Will you sign during the fall signing period?
RM: I am not too sure when I am going to sign. When the time is right I will but I want to keep looking. It’s up in the air right now.

GH: What is your gut telling you?
RM: When the time is right I will know the time is right.

GH: What kind of interactions have you had with Coach Smith?
RM: I have known Coach Smith for a long time. When I was little my family and him were very close. He’s a good guy and a great coach. He tells me I’ll have a great opportunity to play right away. They seem like they have some pretty good players and are turning it around?

GH: Will your Dad want you to go to Minnesota due to his relationship with Tubby if you don’t go to Detroit?
RM: My Dad just wants me to do what is best for me and do whatever I want. He really wants me to do what I want to do.

GH: What are your thoughts on Detroit and what are their chances to land you?
RM: My Dad has been my coach my entire life. We’ll see what ends up happening. Right now I am just learning about different schools?

GH: Do you want to stay four years at a college or will you want to play professional?
RM: I want to be a great college player and win a championship. If it takes four years it takes four years. It’s the team first. I need to go somewhere and do my thing and If I do it early then who knows.

GH: Who is your game comparable to?
RM: People compare me to a Augustine. My favorite player is Chris Paul and I try to play my game like his and I went to his camp and he taught me a lot. And Deron Williams?

GH: What are you working on in your game?
RM: Working on everything. Working on my shot and getting stronger.

GH: What would be the icing on the cake that would make you commit right away?
RM: You know every school I am looking at is telling me that I have the opportunity to compete for a starting spot. So that is why I am taking these visits and going from there.

GH: Have any other coaches from Minnesota recruiting you?
RM: Yes, both Coach Jirsa and Taylor. It’s been a scheduling issue so far why I haven’t visited.

^Sounds like he's not even mentioning us.
But that's not surprising.
With TMG on campus and TJ already committed, we didn't really have a shot.

^Sounds like he's not even mentioning us.
But that's not surprising.
With TMG on campus and TJ already committed, we didn't really have a shot.

That and we really don't need him, it would be nice to have him though.

Dirty and BigTime,

If you have NOT heard.

Earlier today, ARIZONA made the call.

Informed Ray Jr. to make a decision to sign the LOI or get off the UofA train.
The cord has been cut and the babysitting is over.

Arizona is pursuing other recruits.

Your posts are about as vague as one of Nostradamus's quatrains. This last one was actually one of your most coherent. A moment of clarity, I presume.

Arizona calls this ....Cutting the Cord:

You will have some national news on this ...Maybe on zags
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/11/12/woodall-leaves-rough-childhood-behind-for-panthers/#comment-6833

"Miller's words were any indication Thursday, the Wildcats aren't likely to get Michigan prep guard Ray McCallum to sign a letter of intent this week.

When asked if he expected to add another fall signee other than Daniel Bejarano, Miller said:

"I would anticipate Daniel being the only player we sign early, and I would certainly anticipate us being able to add to this class, whether it be getting a commitment throughout the year or signing somebody in the spring. If we get the right two, then that makes sense for us."

The babysitting is over. :dance005:

"Miller's words were any indication Thursday, the Wildcats aren't likely to get Michigan prep guard Ray McCallum to sign a letter of intent this week.

They aren't likely to get Harrison Barnes to sign this week either. How is this remotely newsworthy?

Arizona calls this ....Cutting the Cord:

You will have some national news on this ...Maybe on zags
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/11/12/woodall-leaves-rough-childhood-behind-for-panthers/#comment-6833

When asked if he expected to add another fall signee other than Daniel Bejarano, Miller said:

"I would anticipate Daniel being the only player we sign early, and I would certainly anticipate us being able to add to this class, whether it be getting a commitment throughout the year or signing somebody in the spring. If we get the right two, then that makes sense for us."

The babysitting is over. :dance005:

Yup babysitting is over, this gets old.

Looks like Ray Jr has been getting NON-STOP phone calls.

And later today, Tuesday, Ray Jr is going to get a call which will impact his future.

It will go something like this....

In the case of Ray Jr:
It is a major mistake to wait for the spring.
If we use Ray Jr. list of official visit as the indicator, it is a HUGE mistake.

One of Ray Jr stop schools will inform Ray Jr on Tues:

1) ucla is a horrible team. And will get even slower next year, with Josh Smith.
ucla lost to a JC team-fullerton.

2) The school will move on with its recruitment and will very likely sign Doron Lamb.
All of the scholarship will be GONE after Doron signs.

3)If you remove ucla and Arizona from his list. There’s no other viable schools left. Ray said he is looking for a "Basketball first school".

4) Daddie by Default:
Well, Default by any nature leads to mistakes. Case in point is Adbul Gaddy. He went to U Dub by Default and is not doing well. (Maybe it has something to do with Romar’s “coaching”.)

Did you work so hard in order to play for a DivII school ,which barely won by 6 to Western Michigan. PLEASE.

A main reason, a player would wait for the SPRING is if I had RESERVATIONS. Not 110% sure of the school.
This should also be a red flag to the school.

**If Ray Jr does not sign within the next two days;then, expect the Uk Calicats to enter the recruiting race.

Last edited:

And later today, Tuesday, Ray Jr is going to get a call which will impact his future.

In the case of Ray Jr:
If we use Ray Jr. list of official visit as the indicator, it is a HUGE mistake.

1) ucla is a horrible team. And will get even slower next year, with Josh Smith.

2) The school will move on with its recruitment and will very likely sign Doron Lamb.

3)If you remove ucla and Arizona from his list. There’s no other viable schools left. Ray said he is looking for a "Basketball first school".

4) Daddie by Default:
Well, Default by any nature leads to mistakes. Case in point is Adbul Gaddy. He went to U Dub by Default and is not doing well. (Maybe it has something to do with Romar’s “coaching”.)

Did you work so hard in order to play for a DivII school ,which barely won by 6 to Western Michigan. PLEASE.

A main reason, a player would wait for the SPRING is if I had RESERVATIONS. Not 110% sure of the school.

**If Ray Jr does not sign within the next two days;then, expect the Uk Calicats to enter the recruiting race.

"English. Do you speak it?"

Last edited by a moderator:

In the case of Ray Jr:

4) Daddie by Default:

Hey Jessie, Travis Ford wants to talk to you. I think he wants to have a similar conversation with the one he had with Obi Muenelo at the Kansas game!

There was some very serious discussions between Ray Jr and Arizona, last night.

Needless to day. Ray Jr did NOT commit to Arizona, last night.

So, expect an announcement of Doron Lamb's visit to Arizona.

Note:
Do not see Ray Jr. going to Arizona.
Leader is Detrot...Daddie by Default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back