Ray Willis does his part

buttermaker1

Reaction score
Nice job tonight Ray, you had only played in 8 games this year and only logged 88 minutes. Nice effort keep it up.

Totally agree, butter. Ray did a lot of things well tonight. His confidence is growing with every minute he plays.

He needs to incorporate the midrange jumper into his shot taking repetoire instead of solely relying on the the three or driving to the hole to score.

Ray played well tonight. Hopefully, it will lead to more minutes for him.

Definitely showed some improvement. Unfortunately, his size or lack thereof cost him at least 3 times tonight. If only he could put on 30 pounds.

I can see it now, he comes back in 12 years from now...10 year reunion of his class and he weighs 275 pounds.

Yea I seem to remember someone saying it's only a matter of time before Ray left the team. They also said he was another bust. Funny that person hasn't talked much about Ray lately. It's not pretty, but the young man is working to be a part of this team. Keep it up Ray! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I liked two things about Rays play tonight.

1. He moved the ball on offense and tried to get it into the post often. No standing and dribbling.

2. Even though he was asleep a couple of times defensively, I think his length defensively was a plus at times.

Yea I seem to remember someone saying it's only a matter of time before Ray left the team. They also said he was another bust. Funny that person hasn't talked much about Ray lately. It's not pretty, but the young man is working to be a part of this team. Keep it up Ray! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Because one game supercedes the previous two years?

Ray did his job tonight, he didn't lose us the game. He needs to score it a bit better, or more effeciently, b/c that is the one major skill he brings to the team. I'm glad he didn't force his shot though, and his D looked better. It was, however, just one game against a bad team though.

Once again. Sorry Charlie. Ray Willis won't be leaving the team tonight. Next. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap:ez-laugh:

I becoming more and more convinced on his future as a Sooner. He needs to add some weight and he'll get some of those boards he battled for. He had very positive energy.

Once again. Sorry Charlie. Ray Willis won't be leaving the team tonight. Next. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap:ez-laugh:

Hope you don't disappear if we lose a few in a row. Your opinion of the team is valuable, and the board just isn't the same without you. :clap

Just so you don't get scared while I'm gone. Just remember I always check the board even when I don't post. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

This game should do a lot for the team as a whole. Players like Willis, Fitzgerald and Wright got to log major minutes. While they may not have lit up the scoreboard or accumulated gaudy stats, they did gain some confidence and experience which will help the team later on. In Willis and Fitzgerald's case that can come in the years to come. Wright's time at OU is nearly over, but extra time like this will help later in the season when we need him to spell Tiny or fill in b/c of Tiny's foul troubles.

Glad to see these guys step in and give it their all.

Ya let's give him the Naismith now.. I'm not impressed by him yet.. Let's wait until he has another good game before we crown him

Let's wait until he has another good game before we crown him

dennis_green_feature.jpg

Nobody's crowning Ray at all. Just applauding the fact that he's getting his chance. Ray still has lots of improvement to make. It's just nice to see him contribute to the team. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Just so you don't get scared while I'm gone. Just remember I always check the board even when I don't post. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Just ironic that you've never had business trips keep you away that long, during the season.

But you wouldn't lie about it. Glad you are back.

Back