Ray Willis does his part

Well tu I'm a God-fearing man. He has definetly provided this year. With the economy being pretty bad. I've actually had a great year and more business. I'm sort of doing two jobs for the same company. But enough about me already. I just don't know what to think of all this brotherly love that you are giving off. You've changed buddy. I think you're getting soft. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-roll:

He had 6 points on 2-8 shooting, what did I miss here? Seems like he came in and hit a couple of shots because WW and Crocker werent out there to get those minutes. He also got some long rebounds and a couple good ones, but overall a pretty forgettable performance.

Did I miss something?

He had 6 points on 2-8 shooting, what did I miss here? Seems like he came in and hit a couple of shots because WW and Crocker werent out there to get those minutes. He also got some long rebounds and a couple good ones, but overall a pretty forgettable performance.

Did I miss something?

You miss something because you just look at stats. If you saw his energy on the floor, the fact that he's more comfortable in the offense, and the fact he graded out decently defensively, you would understand why some are optimistic about his play. Outside of the time that he got caught under the post player when they were in the 2-3 and the ISU guard hit the three, he was there to contest alot of wing shots.

You didn't miss a thing. You see some of us on this board root for all the players on the team to have some sort of success. So once again you can post your little stats, but the truth of the matter is Ray made some sort of contribution to the team. This may be what he needs to get jump started. What you're missing is simply right before your eyes sir. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

This may be what he needs to get jump started.

My money is on him getting 1-2 minutes a half once Crocker and Willie or back, but it does give us something to talk about for next year.

But see abd that's my point. According to some Ray is a bust and will not be here next year. So that's what the small bit of hype is about that is being given to Ray tonight. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

My money is on him getting 1-2 minutes a half once Crocker and Willie or back, but it does give us something to talk about for next year.

He's definetely not going to get minutes from Tony, which is what he essentially got. He's probably going to cut into pledgers minutes because atleast he can close out on shooter. The kid really needs to redshirt and hopes that he makes a transformation physically like Tony.

He's definetely not going to get minutes from Tony, which is what he essentially got. He's probably going to cut into pledgers minutes because atleast he can close out on shooter. The kid really needs to redshirt and hopes that he makes a transformation physically like Tony.

I would love to see him redshirt next year.

He should of red-shirted last year...Capel screwed that one up.

This quote from Capel sums it up.

On freshman Ray Willis, who made his first career start:
“One thing Ray (Willis) has always done when he’s gotten in, is that he rebounds. The thing he has to do offensively is he has to get stronger, he has to play stronger and shot selection. When he takes shots, we think he is a good offensive player. His length can bother people defensively but he has to be stronger and fight through things a little bit better.”

I always thought Austin Johnsono should have been allowed to redshirt just to put on some weight and develop some strength. Hopefully, Ray gets the chance to do that.

Did I miss something?

Yes you did miss something. For one you don't understand the point of this thread. Ray had logged 88 minutes all year and only played in 8 games. He played solid D most of the game, passed the ball well and played within the flow of the game. Not every player is going to score 15 points a game he did what we needed him to do.

If Ray was given the nod over a Freshman at A$M we win that game. I don't believe he would have been 0-5 from the field and would have been slow closing on the shooter.

Back