Recap on Big D/FTW Metroplex tournament

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Occured earlier this month. Here is what Slam mag had to say about some of the OU prospects:

–TJ Taylor, 6-3 junior guard: Most likely the best overall prospect at the tournament, this was my first time watching Taylor, a recent Oklahoma commitment, play. I wasn’t disappointed, as the big-bodied guard hit jumpers from all over the place, distributed the ball to get easy buckets for his teammates, played with high energy, made plays on D and got to the rack at will and used his athleticism to finish with both flair and toughness.

^
I
I
I
Awesome!

–Cameron Clark, 6-7 junior wing: Arguably the top prospect in the state, Clark has garnered national attention this spring as a consensus top-50 player nationally. Long and extremely athletic, what sets him apart is his shooting ability, especially as his high release is almost unblockable, since he already has good size and gets excellent lift.

–Phil Pressey, 5-9 junior point guard: Pictured at left, the pint-sized Massachusetts transplant didn’t wow me as much as he did last summer, but upon reflection, it seemed that he didn’t feel like he needed to force the action with the talent around him, as he wasn’t the only capable ballhandler. Still unbelievably quick and one of the best passers you’ll see in the high school game, he’s also very crafty (I’m guessing he watches a lot of CP3, with his pop being on the Hornets’ staff), has surprising athleticism (his one-hand bang in the semis had the crowd rocking) and proved to be extremely clutch, with no less than three game-winning buckets in the event.

–LeBryan Nash, 6-6 sophomore forward: Nationally known since before he entered high school, “LB” has matured into a true inside-outside threat. With a chiseled frame beyond his years, the ability to create off the dribble and excellent athleticism, he’s one of the elite players in the Class of 2011.

–Julian Washburn, 6-7 junior forward: Washburn, the son of former NC State star Chris, is a kid who always has had great potential, but still hasn’t put it together yet. Well, it looks like he’s starting to do that, as he knocked down occasional jumper, took his man off the dribble and got to the cup, defended well on and off the ball and did some dirty work on the inside.

–Thomas Gipson, 6-6 sophomore power forward: Gipson is very highly regarded in the Metroplex for his physical, take-no-prisoners style of play. A rugged insider with a nice touch, he’s a rebounding machine who will be a priority recruit for many schools, even at the highest level if he continues to grow.

OU will get 3 maybe 4 of these guys in my opinion.

Back