Regents approve $450,000 raise for Capel >>> The Oklahoman

I don't get what coolm is mad about. Is you logic that Capel shouldn't get a raise for good work performance because some people are losing jobs? Like good things shouldn't happen to anyone because bad things are happening to others?

Jeff Capel getting a raise isn't why the economy is bad. Your anger would be better focused at the credit institutions for their irrational lending than Capel for earning a raise.

These coaches have built very profitable programs. This is no different than a CEO who makes his company profitable and gets huge bonuses for his effort/expertise. This IS a business and as long as the athletic department can sustain it, they should continue to pay what they feel necessary to keep the coaches here and happy. You also need to note that the majorit of their pay comes from outside sources who would not be willing to contribute the money if OU was not a top tier athletic entity. We need to continue to be proactive. We live in a capitalist society, not a communist one.

I refuse to follow others off that cliff.

Having a social conscience is more important than a basketball game.

You also refuse to acknowledge that the AD just gave the University millions of dollars to keep tuition from getting hiked up. You also refused to credit the fact that none of this is taxpayer money.

Spare me the social conscience crap. You can go to hundreds of other local/Oklahoma message boards and spout that, and it least it would have more relevance. I hope you are emailing Oklahoma CEOs like McClendon at Chesapeake and questioning their social conscience. Sheesh.

You and that reporter at the Calhoun press conference should start a club while the rest of us jump off the cliff....:D

You should be mad about CEOs who run companies into the ground getting a raise or bonus. Not Capel who is building a great program.

You should be mad about CEOs who run companies into the ground getting a raise or bonus. Not Capel who is building a great program.

Or be mad about Lawyers who sue everyone left and right.
Why do we have a medical insurance problem?
The lawyers malpractice suits are a big reason.
I say all lawyers should make minimum wage.

We've had one for a LONG time.

Exactly. And a big reason why is because we have had two really good coaches last for more than 10 years in Norman. Stability breeds success for football schools trying to be really good at basketball. I want to make it three good coaches in a row that are here for a long time. It takes money to do that....

Back