RSCI 2010 Recruiting rankings out...

gracefor24

Reaction score
http://www.rscihoops.com/

These are by far the best rankings and most comprehensive.

OU commits and recruits of note:

#11 Josh Smith
#15 Terrance Jones
#21 Doron Lamb
#25 Cameron Clark
#29 Ray McCallum Jr
#30 Trey Zeigler

Luke Cothron is 47

We are still in on him right?

These are by far the best rankings and most comprehensive.

What makes these the best? Seriously asking, not trying to be difficult. Has anyone done a study comparing recruiting rankings to future production? I am reflexively against linear recruiting rankings, but it seems to be all anyone can find. In my second life I will completely overhaul the way these things are done.

What makes these the best? Seriously asking, not trying to be difficult. Has anyone done a study comparing recruiting rankings to future production? I am reflexively against linear recruiting rankings, but it seems to be all anyone can find. In my second life I will completely overhaul the way these things are done.

The reason it's the best (imo) is that it is a composite ranking. It helps to balance regional and personal biases.

DraftExpress has a terrific page comparing the RSCI rankings to future draft position. www.draftexpress.com

My bad on forgetting Barnes. Evan Daniels from Scout thinks that OU is the darkhorse in that race. :)

Last edited:

They are the best because they are a composite of all the major ranking systems (Rivals, Scout, ESPN, ect...). It just gives more of a well-rounded approach to the system and helps correct for any outliers ex Rivals had TMG in the 70s last year....

Man, Clark's ratings are consistent across the board. Also, Mason-Griffin was in the mid 40's I think.

So when is Ohio State going to win it all. The recruiting has been off the chart the last few years.

So when is Ohio State going to win it all. The recruiting has been off the chart the last few years.
Matta is a good recruiter, but he's not that good of coach outside of that. His team with Oden and Conley should have beaten Florida.

Matta is a good recruiter, but he's not that good of coach outside of that. His team with Oden and Conley should have beaten Florida.

if think you mean they (tOSU) should have lost to Xavier. Oden should be called for an intentional foul under the basket and the Musketeers advance.

Oklahoma, Ohio St, Florida, and Texas are all doing a good job of dispelling the rumor that you can't be effective in basketball at a football school.

If we get Barnes, the OU basketball program will jump up another notch.

Oklahoma, Ohio St, Florida, and Texas are all doing a good job of dispelling the rumor that you can't be effective in basketball at a football school.

If we get Barnes, the OU basketball program will jump up another notch.

I have no inside info, or anything of that nature.... However, I do have a good feeling about Barnes. It could just be that I'm more excited about the kid or something. I'll still be happy with the class we get, if he does not become a Sooner, but I just have a good feeling. Not sure why.

if think you mean they (tOSU) should have lost to Xavier. Oden should be called for an intentional foul under the basket and the Musketeers advance.
Fine then. Better for my argument that he is an average coach.

Back