San Diego

seniorsooner

Reaction score
They are now 4-6 and have lost 5 in a row. Man that is going to be a HORRIBLE loss come tourney selection time. :(

They are now 4-6 and have lost 5 in a row. Man that is going to be a HORRIBLE loss come tourney selection time. :(

They were missing their best player for a couple of those games (Johnson). But they were at full strength last night and still lost at home to UNM.

Houston certainly won't be a great loss (if there is such a thing), but San Diego is going to be one of those teams that could easily be outside the top 200 RPI.

Yep. I still can't believe how bad we were in Alaska. Houston is 4-2 and VCU is 5-2; we need them to stay steady to help offset the SD record. Well, having Zona and Arkansas finish strong wouldn't hurt either ;) I'm a little anxious to see how we play at Utah, I think it's a game that could really help us come selction time.

Yep. I still can't believe how bad we were in Alaska. Houston is 4-2 and VCU is 5-2; we need them to stay steady to help offset the SD record. Well, having Zona and Arkansas finish strong wouldn't hurt either ;) I'm a little anxious to see how we play at Utah, I think it's a game that could really help us come selction time.

Unfortunately after watching zona and ark I think they could both be in for rough years. The same could be said for Utah as they already have 4 losses themselves, including at least one against questionable competition. I've said it before but that Gonzaga gamehas become critical for us. And that's unfortunate because I don't look for us to win that one.

Unfortunately after watching zona and ark I think they could both be in for rough years. The same could be said for Utah as they already have 4 losses themselves, including at least one against questionable competition. I've said it before but that Gonzaga gamehas become critical for us. And that's unfortunate because I don't look for us to win that one.

If OU wins at Gonzaga I will buy Taco Bell for the entire board.

*note - may not actually happen.*

NCAA selection committee pecking order.

1 - Conference record
2 - record in last 10 games
3 - RPI/Quality Wins/Losses to seperate teams with equal resumes based on criteria 1 and 2.

If OU takes care of business in conference and is playing our best basketball in the last 10 games those pre season losses will not even be taken into account other than to show how impressive our improvement has been.

I agree. The Zaga game could be crucial; we're getting better but I just don't know if we're quite ready to win on the road against a team that good. I would love to be pleasantly suprised on this.

Did not know that Utah was struggling that bad early. We need to win our OOC games, but we also need to have a strong OOC resume. I don't know if we'll be able to win enough games in conference to make sure we won't be on the bubble come tourney time.

I agree with you guys in that the game in Spokane is really important for this team's resume. Getting a win at Utah on Saturday would also be beneficial.

The Gonzaga game is being played on the road at 9 cst on new years eve. Who the heck scheduled that? The players should be pissed.

What I don't understand is how San Diego beat Stanford, Oklahoma and Houston?

Well, I know how the beat us. We didn't play any defense. But how were they good enough to beat 3 decent teams and then bad enough to lose 5 in a row to nobodys?

We lost to San Diego because players not Willie Warren, Steven Pledger and Tiny Gallon shot 6 for 30 (20%).

Can we give my New Mexico Lobos some love?

Losing at The Pit to an undefeated New Mexico squad is not too shabby.

Note: This is more of a shameless plug for UNM than San Diego.

Those losses will not matter if we win 10 conference games. Its winning 10 that may prove difficult.

10 wins will require 2 to 4 road wins. Colo, Neb, Baylor and either ut or KU, no big deal. :eek:

Those losses will not matter if we win 10 conference games. Its winning 10 that may prove difficult.

As you said, 10 wins will be tough. Either way though, these losses will affect seeding if we do get in.

Back