Should I be worried?

McG78

Reaction score
My son told me that he thinks he is a one-and-done type talent. I mean sure he has a killer crossover, shoots equally well with his right and left hand, and isn't afraid to go up against bigger guys. But he is a little bit of a ball hog who doesn't understand the team concept, likes to do the difficult shot instead of just putting it in the basket, and is just two and a half. How am I suppose to project the 2025 draft class?

My point is that everyone gets so worked up about Tiny, Willie, etc. saying they are one-and-done guys. Everyone needs to realize that they are high school kids and don't have any of the information necessary to actually make that decision. I think what you will see is more kids like Blake and Willie who figure it out that playing at least two years and improving your stock is worth foregoing one year of pay. Especially when you consider how long these guys are locked up with the team that drafts them.

Also, Capel, like every coach, is about building not just one great season but a dynasty of winning. I don't think he is going to recruit kids he doesn't think will do this. For instance, I've heard from a few sources close to the team that John Wall was disappointed Capel didn't go after him harder. I think maybe this was just Capel making the right decision for the long run viability of the program (i.e., lock-up TMG for four years over one year of Wall).

My son told me that he thinks he is a one-and-done type talent. I mean sure he has a killer crossover, shoots equally well with his right and left hand, and isn't afraid to go up against bigger guys. But he is a little bit of a ball hog who doesn't understand the team concept, likes to do the difficult shot instead of just putting it in the basket, and is just two and a half.

Is OU in his top 5

Back