#8 in scoring defense
#11 in FG Percentage
#12 in 3pt percentage
#12 in assists
#12 in steals
#8 in rebounding margin
#9 in turnover margin
#11 in assist/turnover ratio

They have played a really bad schedule, so they have not lost much yet (except getting beat up pretty bad by TU)...

Is this something that will catch up with them later? Or are they just not playing well right now with all the new players?

Some of them worry me a little bit, but I wouldn't say OSU has played a "horrible" schedule, at least not by the standards of the Big 12 this year.

Here's the current SOS ranking from realtimerpi:

Kansas State - 2
Texas A&M - 9
Texas - 91
Kansas - 101
Oklahoma State - 154
Texas Tech - 176
Iowa State - 223
Oklahoma - 230
Baylor - 261
Missouri - 286
Colorado - 291
Nebraska - 223

Tulsa is the best team we've played, but the lopsided result in that game was somewhat of an abberation. They played out of their minds that night, making everything they put up... they shot something like 60% from 3-point range, which is obviously ridiculously better than their season average.

OSU obviously didn't play all that well, but if TU just shoots their season average from 3-point range, that game is in the single digits.

The biggest worry from my perspective is OSU's 3-point shooting. It HAS to get better for the Pokes to reach their potential.

It's understandable the younger guys are being inconsistent, but both Anderson and Page are much better shooters than what they have demonstrated this year. Both of them should be making at least 40% of their 3-point shots, but right now Page is shooting 36% and Anderson is shooting at 31%, which is easily the worst in his career so far. (He shot 38% his freshman year and 41% last year)

The surprising thing is that Obi is actually hitting 40%+ from 3-point range all of a sudden.

If Page and Anderson can get going, we would have the three threats from 3-point range like we had last year.

Watching the Staford game I saw Obi just sitting beyond the arc jacking up 3s. Is that his role this year? With Pilgrim and Moses is Obi playing the 3 and mainly focusing on his outside game?

That's pretty much what Obi did last year. He's a '4' on defense only. He was actually playing some 5 yesterday when Moses and Pilgrim both were in foul trouble. That was a weird lineup.

This team will get better on offense. They have too many good shooters to shoot this poorly from outside all season. It will warm up soon, I think.

No, and for the same reason OU fans shouldnt worry about their horrid 3 game losing streak and bad defense to begin the season...Or WW perceived leadership problems...

They will probably shoot 137 % against us.

Back