Softball

Great Win. Gutsy job by Lowary. But the two errors today gave us 7 errors in 7 playoff games. We need to shore up our defense. Not playing like the #3 defense in the country. Cannot afford to give WCWS teams extra outs.

The SEC is 0-6 vs non-conference in Super-Regionals.

I thought the Olmos reference was a bit sarcastic, but accurate. We probably would have been better off with Olmos.

So can the RPI experts explain, again, how spot on the RPI is? SEC is 0-6 v. non-SEC teams so far in Supers.

Great job girls. SEWho? two and cue. Face it allbarn we own you.
I agree about the errors fortunately the messed up and helped us misplaying that ball in LF
Anyone know when the schedule will come out for our Thursday game? Seems like before we have played in the evening NCAA trying to maximize the crowd. Hope so

Great job girls. SEWho? two and cue. Face it allbarn we own you.
I agree about the errors fortunately the messed up and helped us misplaying that ball in LF
Anyone know when the schedule will come out for our Thursday game? Seems like before we have played in the evening NCAA trying to maximize the crowd. Hope so

I think all they know is they are playing the Baylor-Arizona winner. I hope they play in the evening.

The seed was awful. Same thing happened to us 2 or 3 years ago when they caused us to face Alabama after a bad seeding of the Sooners.

They probably looked too much at the early games. Patty does a great job of feeling out her team in the early games and then having them finish strong after she finishes with her experiments. Costs them some early games but pays off at the end.

Well the sec is guaranteed two in the WCWS since two supers are all SEC. Three if Kentucky can beat Oregon twice, which I doubt. Four if LSU can beat Fla. St. twice.

YEESSSS!! ... What a TEAM!! ... What a PROGRAM!!

I don't mind reading the endless RPI debate, as both sides sometimes make me laugh out loud as I look at my PC screen.

The debate will likely continue, even as it is now MOOT. The Sooners showed how to make it MOOT. Just win.

The RPI. Who cares? It's like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter. It's MOO

Back to what does matter. It has all worked out for the best.

• Winning 4 "do-or-die" games last weekend
  • Knocking out Auburn in front of their rabid SEC fans
  • Winning 6 games in a row against post-season competition
  • Getting a huge win in the post-season without Paige Parker on the mound
  • The TEAM is confident
  • The pitching STAFF is confident
  • The TEAM is ready.

OKC! Bring 'em on!

So can the RPI experts explain, again, how spot on the RPI is? SEC is 0-6 v. non-SEC teams so far in Supers.

The SEC has been hammered in the super-regional but using the rpi ranking, not the seedings they are losing to favorites who have won 6 of the 9 games. So the rpi is 6-3 in picking winners to date. Good win percentage.

Alabama's win over Florida and OU's two wins over Auburn are the only upsets.

Florida over Alabama, Oregon over Kentucky, UCLA over Ole Miss twice, FSU over LSU, Tennessee over A&M are all wins by the favorite.

The SEC is the favorite in 2 remaining games (Florida & Tennessee) today and underdogs in 4 (Alabama, A&M, Kentucky and LSU) so it is probable they will lose several more today.

Last edited:
I want Mauga playing as few games as possible.

Absolutely! A Baylor win today and tomorrow would solve that problem. Would also prefer opening the WCWS against the bears but I do not expect it to happen. I expect to see Oregon, Washington and Arizona on our side of the bracket.

Absolutely! A Baylor win today and tomorrow would solve that problem. Would also prefer opening the WCWS against the bears but I do not expect it to happen. I expect to see Oregon, Washington and Arizona on our side of the bracket.

OU vs. the PAC

Also noticed today that the Sooners were not using the Lowary shift on all of the Auburn right handed hitters. Not certain but appeared they put the shift on the right handed hitters in the bottom of the order and played their standard defense against the RH's at the top of the order.

Also noticed today that the Sooners were not using the Lowary shift on all of the Auburn right handed hitters. Not certain but appeared they put the shift on the right handed hitters in the bottom of the order and played their standard defense against the RH's at the top of the order.

Do you not realize we don't use the shift when runners are in scoring position?

The SEC has been hammered in the super-regional but using the rpi ranking, not the seedings they are losing to favorites who have won 6 of the 9 games. So the rpi is 6-3 in picking winners to date. Good win percentage.

Alabama's win over Florida and OU's two wins over Auburn are the only upsets.

Florida over Alabama, Oregon over Kentucky, UCLA over Ole Miss twice, FSU over LSU, Tennessee over A&M are all wins by the favorite.

The SEC is the favorite in 2 remaining games (Florida & Tennessee) today and underdogs in 4 (Alabama, A&M, Kentucky and LSU) so it is probable they will lose several more today.

My points are these (and I know you'll argue, because you love to do so, and you believe the RPI did it's job):

1) IMO, if the RPI was properly setup, OU would have been seeded ahead of Auburn and Tennessee.

2) Hosting regionals had more to do with who advanced to the Supers, than the seedings/RPI.

3) Ole' Miss and Kentucky should never have been hosting reqionals. And if they didn't host, IMO it's highly doubtful they would have been in Supers.

4) Arkansas, South Carolina and Georgia should not even have been in the tournament.

Back