Softball

Just back from the game. Not much to report as NCTC is not a very good softball team. Might be the worst team I have seen in any of the past fall games. Their starting pitcher had 7 walks in 2 innings.

Were ahead 12-0 when I left with two out in the top 5th. I screwed up thinking they would play 5 and they played 9. Missed most of the freshmen's AB's. We did not hit the ball effectively considering the competition. Should have made better contact against a community college pitcher. We left either 11 or 12 runners on base in 4 at bats 18 for the game.

Alo started in LF and didn't get much to hit was walked twice and tattoed a double to RC and also hit a foul ball down the left field line that probably went 325'. Flores made good contact on a solid base hit. Mendez also played 1st the last two innings with Flores at 2nd and Clifton at short. Started Clifton in the lead-off and Mendes hit 2rd.

Lopez started and threw 2 innings. She got behind the hitters in the first but was ahead of them in the 2nd but had no BB's. Parker Conrad relieved Lopez to start the 3rd and threw 3 innings. She had major control issues with all her pitches. Really got behind the hitters Left runner on 2rd and 3rd in the 3rd and bases loaded in the 4th and 5th. Did throw strikes when she got ducks on the pond but not before. Conrad throws the ball hard and has a change up. She gave up 3 walks and 3 hits in 3 innings but no runs.

Might compare Conrad to Lowary at the start of last season with where her game is. Hopefully she can make advancements similar to what PL did last year.

Last edited:
Anyone know why Paige Parker hasn't played at all in the fall games? Obviously we don't need her, but I wanna make sure she's just resting and there's no issues!

Anyone know why Paige Parker hasn't played at all in the fall games? Obviously we don't need her, but I wanna make sure she's just resting and there's no issues!

Parker had surgery. Isn't on the Fall Roster (which I haven't seen).

New 2022 commitments. These girls are in the 8th grade. It is also amazing how virtually all the girls throughout the country stick to their commits made 3-5 years earlier. Although OU did turnaround Jocelyn Alo from her California commitment in the 2017 class.

Avery Hodge SS/Outfield

SJ Guerin Pitcher

Jocelyn Erickson Catcher

Parker had surgery. Isn't on the Fall Roster (which I haven't seen).
True. I have a friend that coached Paige in Missouri, and is now working in Oklahoma, that told me about the surgery a couple of weeks ago. She also said the training staff at OU was rushing up her recovery a bit and it was causing Paige some pain and discomfort. Paige and this former coach were to meet with the training staff and the doctor that performed the surgery and see if they could agree on a timely recovery regimen. Paige's parents could not get down for the meeting. Don't know how the meeting went, but, I will see her and possibly Paige this week-end and see how it went.

Halloween softball/baseball post game tonight they held a homerun contest with 7 hitter I think from both the softball and baseball team. Each batter was allowed to hit 10 fair balls. By my count Jocelyn Alo won the contest with 8 homeruns in her 10 hits. All but 1 of her homeruns was well over the outfield grandstands or the large red Oklahoma sign in centerfield. Caleigh Clifton hit one over the scoreboard.

Alo hit a couple over the grandstands when she did not get all of the ball. The girl does have major power. I think the 14 players hit 48 homeruns.

Last edited:
True. I have a friend that coached Paige in Missouri, and is now working in Oklahoma, that told me about the surgery a couple of weeks ago. She also said the training staff at OU was rushing up her recovery a bit and it was causing Paige some pain and discomfort. Paige and this former coach were to meet with the training staff and the doctor that performed the surgery and see if they could agree on a timely recovery regimen. Paige's parents could not get down for the meeting. Don't know how the meeting went, but, I will see her and possibly Paige this week-end and see how it went.

Everyone is different as far as recovery time and pain tolerance. Hopefully, the training staff is not rushing her to the point of setting her back. Having gone through shoulder surgery and recovery, I don’t think there is any way to rehab without some pain and discomfort.

Do you know what kind of surgery she had?

Everyone is different as far as recovery time and pain tolerance. Hopefully, the training staff is not rushing her to the point of setting her back. Having gone through shoulder surgery and recovery, I don’t think there is any way to rehab without some pain and discomfort.

Do you know what kind of surgery she had?
Sorry to take so long to respond to your question. I did not talk to Paige at the T-Tech football game, but, did see and talk to her former coach that lives here now. She just had the knee scoped to clean up some "junk" in the knee that was causing her pain. She pitched some last Friday and is well on her way to being 100% soon. She is back to a regular workout regimen or will be shortly.

Sorry to take so long to respond to your question. I did not talk to Paige at the T-Tech football game, but, did see and talk to her former coach that lives here now. She just had the knee scoped to clean up some "junk" in the knee that was causing her pain. She pitched some last Friday and is well on her way to being 100% soon. She is back to a regular workout regimen or will be shortly.

Thank you! The information is very much appreciated.

Because she is so important to the program your news is doubly welcome. Many thanks.

Green, Lyons, and LeValley have signed. No word on Brooke Vestal and Sami Skelley yet.

The Oklahoman / January 31, 2018
Sooners land 5 on USA Softball Player of the Year watch list

http://newsok.com/sooners-land-5-on...-year-watch-list/article/5581697?articleBar=0

SoonerSports / Five Sooners on Player of Year Watch List
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArt..._LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211695168&KEY=

The Sooners open the 2018 season Feb. 9 in Phoenix when they take on Weber State (3:30 p.m. CT) and Grand Canyon (6:30 p.m. CT) in the GCU Kickoff Tournament. OU will also play Montana and University of the Pacific in the event, as well as Grand Canyon a second time.

Softball Single-Game Tickets on Sale
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211695015

NORMAN — Single-game tickets for the reigning back-to-back national champion Oklahoma softball team go on sale Wednesday, Jan. 31 at 10 a.m. CT.

Reserved seats have already sold out via season ticket holders, but general admission tickets will be available for $10 for adults and $8 for youth (ages 6-18) and senior citizens (55 and older). Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.

General admission seating is located in the bleachers down the first and third base lines and in the outfield bleachers.

Tickets can be ordered online or by calling (405) 325-2424 or toll-free at (800) 456-GoOU.

Softball Tickets Online:
https://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...BSG&linkID=ou&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode

In the recent PC everyone on the team talked about how hard freshman Jocelyn Alo hits the ball. Said she hits so hard that it is a little scary out in the field for infielders and pitchers. Most of the time she will hit it over the second fence. Gasso compared her to Chamberlain.

Back