Softball

I think its a good draw, I think we should be #1 based on our head to head with Texas and their loss to Houston, but it's ok. Avoid Stanford in game 1, if we play the way we played in the tournament we have a shot.

I'm a little perplexed why we have 2 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 as recently as last week (Boston & Oregon), at the #2 seed, but I believe we'll be okay. The Supers could be dicey if we revert back to playing like we did against OSU, BYU, but i'm thinking those days are long gone!

I also think Texas might have a very tough Super Regional against TAMU, they are a scrappy team that can definitely push them to their limit!

I'm a little perplexed why we have 2 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 as recently as last week (Boston & Oregon), at the #2 seed, but I believe we'll be okay. The Supers could be dicey if we revert back to playing like we did against OSU, BYU, but i'm thinking those days are long gone!

I also think Texas might have a very tough Super Regional against TAMU, they are a scrappy team that can definitely push them to their limit!
It seems that we always get a deceptively strong regional and our Super Regional opponent is often under-seeded, as well. I think it's because the committee wants to make it as hard as possible for us to advance because the tournament is in OKC every year.

Well things are looming up now based on how Mizxou and Duke played in the Regionals and now split a game a piece in the Siper. That is not to say they have not both been in a lull.

Jayda did again. This time she stole a home run. She said Hannah Coor, who was playing left field at the time, guided her. I guess that meant in regards to the wall.

Totally agreed, our side is easier. UCLA is very hot right now, so they could beat us if we hit/pitch poorly, but I feel like we should be able to come through this bracket to the semis. I don't think we will meet UT/OSU until the finals, if any of us get that far, but please correct me if I'm mistaken. My Darkhorse team to win this year is Florida, but I'd be shocked if one of the Big 12 schools didn't win it!

Totally agreed, our side is easier. UCLA is very hot right now, so they could beat us if we hit/pitch poorly, but I feel like we should be able to come through this bracket to the semis. I don't think we will meet UT/OSU until the finals, if any of us get that far, but please correct me if I'm mistaken. My Darkhorse team to win this year is Florida, but I'd be shocked if one of the Big 12 schools didn't win it!
keep in mind that if osu and ut both win tomorrow (pending rain) the loser of the second game would flip sides of the bracket ..

The Championship Mindset
BY TIARE JENNINGS AND KINZIE HANSEN
Tiare Jennings & Kinzie Hansen - The Championship Mindset | Sooner Stories

Very good and long read. Click the link. Here is just an excerpt from the longer article

EXCERPT

Why we play - We’re beyond blessed to have played a part in continuing this program’s success and establishing OU softball as the best in the nation. But it’s not like we see each other as anything other than a couple of girls in their early 20s living out their dreams and having the time of their lives. We sometimes forget, amid the grind and pressures of being student-athletes at a major DI university, that we make an impact every day.

When we run errands around town and moms tell us how much we’ve inspired their daughters to believe in themselves and chase their dreams, it reminds us of the amazing platform we have.

We couldn’t be more grateful to OU for giving us this opportunity to impact families and young girls. We know we wouldn’t have these same opportunities everywhere. Without the support of the Love family and 1,100+ donors who gave to the project, we wouldn’t be playing in the crown jewel of college softball stadiums. It just goes to show that the Norman community and the state of Oklahoma not only care about women’s sports but also prioritize them.

While we’re sad that our collegiate careers are nearing the end, we know we still have a lot to play for as we try to make history again and complete the four-peat.

We’re going to play for the players who came before us and those who will play after us. We’re going to play for each other with this unbreakable bond we’ve created as a family.

Most importantly, we’re going to play knowing that whatever happens, win or lose, we’ll be surrounded by love from a community that has embraced two California girls as their own and made Norman our second home.

well it's not looking great weather-wise. I think through the weekend it's going to be raining, with patches of clear skies. Already starting 1.5 hours behind schedule for UCLA v. BAMA...

I think Duke made a huge error pulling Curd and putting in Wright on the mound. That's when things got way out of hand and we started hitting bombs. now we have UCLA on saturday, which could and probably will be tough. Goodness, Maxwell looked ROUGH yesterday and it's very fortunate we have an elite defense and great bats to back her up, otherwise we'd have lost/will lose against other teams with solid bats/arms.

OSU got beat by Florida, in a pitcher's duel 0-1. Now they play Stanford tonight in an elimination game. Canady has pitched most of the innings for them and looked less than her normal against Texas, so I imagine OSU will pull this game out tonight, but stranger things have happened.

Thoughts / predictions moving forward??

ugh...I hate the new WCWS schedule.
It used to be a full weekend of all day softball. Now you get 2 games each day..
And we get OU playing both games (if needed) during working hours.

Welp...if Patty has a weakness, it is trusting Nicole May in big games.
Hopefully we wake up tomorrow

Welp...if Patty has a weakness, it is trusting Nicole May in big games.
Hopefully we wake up tomorrow
Would you prefer that we had pitched Maxwell today and perhaps lost? With the way everyone else played there was no guarantee we would have won this game if Maxwell had pitched. Since there will be a second game, I'm glad they haven't played against Maxwell yet.

Would you prefer that we had pitched Maxwell today and perhaps lost? With the way everyone else played there was no guarantee we would have won this game if Maxwell had pitched. Since there will be a second game, I'm glad they haven't played against Maxwell yet.
I never said pitch Maxwell. I don’t trust May at all. She is really bad in big games

I never said pitch Maxwell. I don’t trust May at all. She is really bad in big games
I seem to remember her pitching well in some big games. If you are going to bash Patty for her choice of pitchers you need to enlighten us as to how you would do a better job of picking who should have pitched yesterday.

Back