Softball

Our Softball Team, from Coaches down to the last bench player are tremendous and have been for years.

Who is the best coach ever at OU? Gasso is challenging Wilkinson for number 1 in my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good person to follow on Twitter. He announces transfers. Justin McLeod @justfactsmaam. Brooke Vestal in the portal from Ole Miss to A&M.

2024 Softball Roster (Updated July 18, 2023)

While there is a limit to the number of scholarships for Softball (12),there is no limit to the size of a Softball roster. With the latest addition, the 2024 OU Roster now numbers 20 players (same as the 2023 roster).
https://www.ncsasports.org/softball/scholarship-facts
https://www.collegesportsscholarships.com/softball.htm

The last of the "Covid Softball Players" will use up their eligibility in the 2024 season.

**** 2023 Softball Players Departed (as of July 18, 2023)
> Graduated (4) - Grace Lyons; Haley Lee; Alex Storako; Grace Green
> Transfer Portal (3) - Jordy Bahl; Sophia Nugent; Jocelyn Erickson
(These 7 departures have been replaced by 4 inbound freshmen and 3 inbound transfers)

2024 Roster (below) is Sorted by Remaining Eligibility of Each Player and Incoming Recruiting Classes
2023 Roster: https://soonersports.com/sports/softball/roster?path=softball
Note: First Softball Season in the SEC will be 2025.
The 2024 Recruiting Class (committed players listed) will enroll in 2024 and play in 2025.

> Alynah Torres / OF / RS-Senior** / Glendale, Ariz (Arizona State)
> Tiare Jennings / 2B / Senior / San Pedro, California
> Jayda Coleman / CF / Senior / The Colony, Texas
> Alyssa Brito / 3B / Senior / Tustin, California (Oregon)
> Nicole May / RHP / Senior / Pleasanton, California
> Karlie Keeney / RHP / RS-Senior** / Providence, Kentucky (Grad Transfer from Liberty)
> Riley Ludlam / C-SS / RS-Senior** / Fort Myers, Florida (Grad Transfer from Furman)

> Quincee Lilio / UTL / RS-Soph / Oceanside, California
> Kierston Deal / LHP / Sophomore / Winston Salem, NC
> Avery Hodge / INF / Sophomore / Richmond, Texas

> Ella Parker / UTL / Freshman / Los Angeles, California
> Kasidi Pickering / OF / Freshman / Humble, Texas
> Nelly McEnroe-Marinas / INF / Freshman / Waianae, Hawaii
> Maya Bland / OF / Freshman / Argyle, Texas

> Tia Malloy (INF)- LH Hitter
> Audrey Lowry LHP/UT
> Corri Hicks C- RH Hitter (power)
> Kadey Lee McKay SS/INF- LH Hitter (power)
> Sydney Barker SS- RH Hitter
> Gabriella Garcia INF- RH Hitter (power)
> Cheney Helton CF- LH Hitter

Last edited:
Sounds like Jennings will be moving to SS.
I know a lot of speculation was that britto would move there but I just never saw it

Kinda weird that for all of OUs recruiting success, they have to move someone to a different position. Not bashing at all, just curious.

Kinda weird that for all of OUs recruiting success, they have to move someone to a different position. Not bashing at all, just curious.
middle infielders play like positions ... this is not rare at all .. and Jennings was a SS (like a ton of these girls in High school) and would have been the starting SS at almost every team in the nation the last 3 years ..

Jayda was a SS in HS; the only lefty I’ve ever seen be able to play it & play it well. Just goes to show how good of a pure athlete she really is.

Bummer… down 2-3 5th inning to Washington. Winning streak in jeopardy ..

sooner magic travels, streak survives.
Yes, it does! I watched an exciting game last night, kept me up until well past my usual bedtime.

I had all but given up hope for an OU win when Washington still had the lead going into the sixth inning. But Sooner Magic tied the game, and two extra innings later struck again to keep the streak alive at 56 straight wins!

i’m sure they were feeling a lot of pressure to keep the streak alive. maybe more so for kelly, expecting her to slide right in and keep the machine churning out wins. hate to be cliche guy, but maybe this helps free up their minds and they stop giving up so many explosive innings and unusual errors. they’ve been down quite a few times, and had great resiliency in those games. including today. proud of them.

The second happiest person after the UL coach that UL won was probably Patty. Winning streaks become a burden after a while.
I think you hit the nail squarely on the head, MsProud. That streak, though historic, had become an anchor around the neck of the players and staff. Now it's over and it's my guess the Sooners will start playing like we all know they can.

Am I reading right that OU is not the number one ranked team anymore?

Lol what a joke

Back