Softball

Curious, the softball thread has been much quieter than usual this year. Is there somewhere else people have gone to talk about it or are people just not posting?

Curious, the softball thread has been much quieter than usual this year. Is there somewhere else people have gone to talk about it or are people just not posting?

The SoonerTimes softball board is more active.

Even those who didn't agree with Sybarite would have to agree that he posted a lot of good articles which led people to comment.

The SoonerTimes softball board is more active.

Even those who didn't agree with Sybarite would have to agree that he posted a lot of good articles which led people to comment.

Thanks. It has been such a great year and this thread was so quiet, I was really surprised.

ended up with 2 extra session 1 tickets that i can't use today

selling them under face value ..

What a fantastic game 1 for the Sooners! I admit, I was nervous initially, but after the 2nd inning our bats got HOT. With not one, but TWO grand slams!!!

Wow, Sooners just played the worst game of the season, most definitely the worst display of pitching anyway, and we got our tails whooped by UCLA, 7-3. Brady hit two home runs and Wicsz hit one as well. I honestly don't believe we are the best team of all time, definitely not the best offensive team, as the bottom of our lineup has been as pathetic as possible at this WCWS. I think 7-9 went 0-3 today. Jennings went 0-3, which is indicative of some poor play on our end. No offense to the Bruins' pitching, which is envious. UCLA went through their lineup every single inning I believe. So they outhit us and definitely outpitched us. Now our season is on the line. I put this loss on Gasso for not pulling May sooner. I would like to think our offense will have woken up by the second game and we will win, but I have a funny feeling....

If we somehow choke the whole nation will call us over-hyped, on account of the media's relentless praise. If UCLA makes it out of this, I believe OSU will win their first natty. I like OSU, but I believe we are too good not to at least play for the natty.

Last edited:
Wow, Sooners just played the worst game of the season, most definitely the worst display of pitching anyway, and we got our tails whooped by UCLA, 7-3. Brady hit two home runs and Wicsz hit one as well. I honestly don't believe we are the best team of all time, definitely not the best offensive team, as the bottom of our lineup has been as pathetic as possible at this WCWS. I think 7-9 went 0-3 today. Jennings went 0-3, which is indicative of some poor play on our end. No offense to the Bruins' pitching, which is envious. UCLA went through their lineup every single inning I believe. So they outhit us and definitely outpitched us. Now our season is on the line. I put this loss on Gasso for not pulling May sooner. I would like to think our offense will have woken up by the second game and we will win, but I have a funny feeling....

If we somehow choke the whole nation will call us over-hyped, on account of the media's relentless praise. If UCLA makes it out of this, I believe OSU will win their first natty. I like OSU, but I believe we are too good not to at least play for the natty.

Hopefully you have relaxed by now.:D;)

Boomer!!!!

OU wins 10-5!!

Where's the softball logo?

:woot:woot:woot

Big 12 finishes 1-2-3 in the final rankings for Softball!

OU, UT, OSU

I'm glad we played texas in the finals.....jmo, but I think OSU was better than texas.

:OU-logo:

OU, UT, OSU

I'm glad we played texas in the finals.....jmo, but I think OSU was better than texas.

As do I. I’d give a slight edge to Texas offensively, but Maxwell>>>>>anything UT could put in the circle, especially with Dolcini being as worn out as she obviously was.

OU, UT, OSU

April 22 OSU 3 Texas 2
April 24 DH OSU 3 Texas 0
April 24 DH OSU 2 Texas 1
May 13 OSU 6 Texas 1
June 6 Texas 5 OSU 0
June 6 Texas 6 OSU 5

I'd bet on the pukes over the whorns were they to play game 7. But let them play ten more games and they likely would spit 6-4 with it going either way.

Pukes might have a better shot at winning a single game because the whorns do not have a starting pitcher comparable to Kelly Maxwell and the pukes were better in the circle (1.86 era vs 3.27). Also both teams hit the ball for average (OSU .291 vs .303) and power (69 HRs vs 68) although the whorns did score 77 more runs for the season. JMHO.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a few people say that Cydney Sanders from ASU is confirmed as our third incoming transfer, but I've seen nothing official posted. Hopefully this is accurate as she was a fantastic freshman this past season!

Also, looks like OSU has landed 2 Alabama transfers, so they're slowly but surely rebuilding their roster...

Back