Softball

Thanks for the info.....now if you two could just convince the higher-ups that we need a new arena!!!

:dance005::dance005:

For certain a remodel of the LNC would more than meet any future MBB & MBB needs for the next 14-20 years save at least $100 million compared to a new arena. That would be $100 million that could be used for the new softball stadium, remodel of L. Dale Mitchell with $50 million left to go toward a new press box at GFOMS.

I'm glad our season opener is on ESPN+, but I hate the fact that the remaining games this week are available only on FloSoftball. I refuse to spend a dime with those people.

For certain a remodel of the LNC would more than meet any future MBB & MBB needs for the next 14-20 years save at least $100 million compared to a new arena. That would be $100 million that could be used for the new softball stadium, remodel of L. Dale Mitchell with $50 million left to go toward a new press box at GFOMS.

I wonder if the LNC's 1975 infrastructure makes a big remodel not feasible. I know there are water table problems. The Alpha Chi's tore down their old house and are building a new one. The old one was built in 1947. It was too small and the electrical and plumbing didn't meet the demands of the 21st century. You might have to take the LNC down to the ironwork and rebuild to make it work for the 21st century. And that might cost as much as a new building.

I wonder if the LNC's 1975 infrastructure makes a big remodel not feasible. I know there are water table problems. The Alpha Chi's tore down their old house and are building a new one. The old one was built in 1947. It was too small and the electrical and plumbing didn't meet the demands of the 21st century. You might have to take the LNC down to the ironwork and rebuild to make it work for the 21st century. And that might cost as much as a new building.

Perhaps but as of 2018 OU had a master plan for the renovation of LNC. Because of the age of the facility it would be expensive but likely significantly less than a new upscale facility.

https://arenadigest.com/2018/08/27/oklahoma-master-plans-lloyd-noble-center-renovation/

Last edited:
Remodel plans for the LNC (several diff options) have been circulating around for years. But basketball is far back in line. And with the arms race that CFB has become, it's going to be a while before the money makes it's way that far south.

Remodel plans for the LNC (several diff options) have been circulating around for years. But basketball is far back in line. And with the arms race that CFB has become, it's going to be a while before the money makes it's way that far south.

Very true!!!

FOULr_5XEAgIojo

Interesting stat. For the season OU has hit 73 homeruns with a .801 SLG% and opponents have hit 5 and a .195. Chart for top 6 NCAA teams plus Big 12 whorns and pukes.

Team----------BA.-----OP's BA.-----SLG%-----OP's SLG%-----HRs-----OP's HRS

#1 OU--------.390-------.136--------.801---------.195----------73-----------5
#2 FSU-------.297-------.185--------.481---------.266----------31----------11
#3 UCLA------.352-------.147--------.599---------.235----------37----------13
#4 Florida----.352-------.171--------.517---------.242----------23-----------8
#5 Bama-----.299-------.212--------.478---------.300----------28----------14
#6 Va Tech---.325-------.147--------.520---------.231----------30-----------9
#12 pukes----.312-------.175--------.520---------.265----------38----------14
#16 whorns--.313-------.219--------.520---------.349----------33----------22

https://stats.ncaa.org/team/522/stats/15940

https://www.softballamerica.com/rankings/2022-ncaa-division-i-softball-top-25/

Last edited:
I would think there would be a running tally of Alo's total home runs, but I have been unable to find. I believe the stat for 2022 is 15 for Alo and 12 for Grace Lyons.

The only resource I am aware of is the NCAA statistics lists that come out on Tuesday. Presently Alo has 16 dingers, Jennings 13, Lyons 13, Elam 11, Johns 7, Brito 6 J. Coleman 5, Hansen 4, Snow 3, Green 2 and Boone, Donihoo and Nugent 1 each for a total of 83.

OU for years, I suspect under the direction of Patty Gasso, publishes no softball statistics except for yearly individual stats listed under each players bio in their roster listing. OU publishes stats for all the other sports. Hence my thought that their absence is Patty driven.

https://statls.ncaa.org/team/522/stats/15940

Last edited:
Back