Softball

My apology to G. I didn't think we could win with her and was wrong. This is a team for the ages and we may be even better next year particularly if Alo returns.

My apology to G. I didn't think we could win with her and was wrong. This is a team for the ages and we may be even better next year particularly if Alo returns.

Alo is already on record that she is returning also possible for Snow and Johns to return but they have not finalized their decision.

Incoming freshman class is loaded signed the #!, #3 and 2 girls tied for the #5 girl, #11, #14 and #22 ranked nationally. Signed a class of 7 incoming freshmen.

https://soonersports.com/news/2020/11/10/softball-inks-seven-for-2021.aspx

What a season this was. Truly one for the ages. I got to watch (on TV, alas) every game but a couple of early ones and I enjoyed every minute of it. Congrats to Coach Gasso, her staff and those amazing players!

I got hooked on OU softball a little over a decade ago when Keilane Ricketts was striking batters out with 73 mph fastballs. For anyone who thinks that’s not a big deal, 73 mph at 43 feet from the pitching rubber to the plate in softball is the equivalent of 103 mph in baseball.

I’m a bigger fan now than I was back then, but this may be the most fun I’ve had of any championship season in the last ten years because this team is truly special! There is nothing they couldn’t and didn’t do well. Pitching was not always a strength, but G made up for that with a MVP performance in the championship series!

Congrats to our coaches and our players! As Skyvue said, this was one for the ages and I couldn’t be happier with this win and this season!!!

Got to be fallout from moving everything up a day. They've run right into ESPN's NBA playoff doubleheader. Contractually, I bet they cannot move the game over to ESPN2.

Having it mid-afternoon tomorrow is an absolute joke. Goes to show what a short-sighted decision it was to move the "IF" games up a day.

Yes, I wouldn't move an NBA playoff game for the WCWS, so I think this is an acceptable option if it were 1998. It's 2021, though, and there are a million ways around this. For instance, they could stream it on ESPN+, YoutubeTV, etc. Or as you said, they could have just not pushed the games back.

But regardless...I'm very happy for our girls! I'm excited to run it back next year with most of the team intact. We'll have to replace G, but I have a feeling that if Patty isn't satisfied with what's in the cupboard, we'll have no difficulty snagging a top 10 pitcher in the transfer market.

It's crazy to say this, but just when you think Patti can't make this program any better, she does.

We'll have to replace G, but I have a feeling that if Patty isn't satisfied with what's in the cupboard, we'll have no difficulty snagging a top 10 pitcher in the transfer market.

Just saw that we have the #1 rated player in the country (Jordyn Bahl) coming in next year, and she just so happens to be a pitcher. And then, of course, they're bringing about half of the top 10-15 players.

Just saw that we have the #1 rated player in the country (Jordyn Bahl) coming in next year, and she just so happens to be a pitcher. And then, of course, they're bringing about half of the top 10-15 players.

And the word is that Jordyn Bahl is throwing in the 70's and keeps increasing velocity with control. However, OU has never won a title without a top lefty. That is a Patty Gasso trademark that came through again.

Will you share please???

I didn't see it!

;)

He had the picture of Donahoo making her spectacular catch and below it he said:

Somebody send me Michaels #. Only the best get to represent and wear Air Jordan. @OU_Softball may be one of the most dominant programs in all sports. They play the game like u did Mike. Let’s put theses ladies in Jordan. #ChampionshipMindset

He had the picture of Donahoo making her spectacular catch and below it he said:

Somebody send me Michaels #. Only the best get to represent and wear Air Jordan. @OU_Softball may be one of the most dominant programs in all sports. They play the game like u did Mike. Let’s put theses ladies in Jordan. #ChampionshipMindset

Thanks!

I know the picture he was talking about.....great catch!!

Donahoo really stepped up in the series!!:dance005:

I guess recruiting is going well ? I haven't seen much on it

I guess recruiting is going well ? I haven't seen much on it

Courtesy of SoonerSpock a few days ago:

Alo is already on record that she is returning also possible for Snow and Johns to return but they have not finalized their decision.

Incoming freshman class is loaded signed the #!, #3 and 2 girls tied for the #5 girl, #11, #14 and #22 ranked nationally. Signed a class of 7 incoming freshmen.

https://soonersports.com/news/2020/11/10/softball-inks-seven-for-2021.aspx

Back