Softball

Pretty crazy. 4 in a row may never be seen again

What a special special class. Now to rebuild. Does everyone think Patty is done?

We are losing so much talent. Next year will be interesting to say the least.

I was very impressed by pickering, parker, and hodge in the wcws.

Losing the following:
Boone
Hansen
Jennings
Coleman
Ludlam
Brito
Torres
Maxwell
Keeney
May

Patty said Tiara, keeney, and Hansen are coming back as GAs
She said one player (maxwell maybe) is going to vet school.

I'd love to see the video she talked about of coleman as a 13 year old

I think Patty intends to stay around for a few more years. Recruiting will still be high, and with the talent we have coming in for '24 & '25 I could see another natty in a couple of years easily. We have 4 returnees from the WCWS lineup, plus a couple good freshmen hopefully, and perhaps a couple transfers (I believe infield and pitching is crucial) and we could very well be back at the WCWS next year.

What an impressive performance. I was so happy to see Sanders deliver huge hits in back to back games. That double she served into the gap in right-center took all the piss out of the Longhorns.

If my fellow Sooner fans haven't yet made a game at Love's Field, do yourself a favor and make time next year. It's a jewel. I had lunch at Ray's BBQ this afternoon and a table full of businessmen was talking nothing but Sooner softball. What a time to be alive.

What an impressive performance. I was so happy to see Sanders deliver huge hits in back to back games. That double she served into the gap in right-center took all the piss out of the Longhorns.

If my fellow Sooner fans haven't yet made a game at Love's Field, do yourself a favor and make time next year. It's a jewel. I had lunch at Ray's BBQ this afternoon and a table full of businessmen was talking nothing but Sooner softball. What a time to be alive.
I heard on the radio that the double last night was Sanders first non home run hit since May 11...that can't be right can it?

Great season and so glad the seniors got the 4peat!

Also wondering if there is a portal site for this years transfers??

Great season and so glad the seniors got the 4peat!

Also wondering if there is a portal site for this years transfers??
I googled College Softball Transfer Portal and found a few sites but you had to subscribe to them.

Now that the season is over and the hardware secured I can say this without fear of reprisal. I'm a baseball guy: the slamming of the bat and primal scream after a walk is about the lamest thing in the history of the world. I could not roll my eyes any further lest they fall out of their sockets.

There, I said it. And now I feel better.

Now that the season is over and the hardware secured I can say this without fear of reprisal. I'm a baseball guy: the slamming of the bat and primal scream after a walk is about the lamest thing in the history of the world. I could not roll my eyes any further lest they fall out of their sockets.

I hate it too. My wife says it’s just a woman thing

I hate it too. My wife says it’s just a woman thing
I don't know if it's a woman thing but I do remember the year we had a rain delay in the WCWS in a game against Alabama(?). Our pitcher (Ricketts?) was having a hard time trying to pitch with a damp ball and the umpires waited a long time to call the rain delay. The Alabama team was out of the dugout, getting fired up and firing up their fans. We just stayed in the dugout. I remember reading a comment from Patty that we didn't react to the rain delay well and Alabama did. Ever since then, I've wondered if she encourages our exuberance over even the smallest successes during a game. I think it can be a little intimidating to the other team.

I really don't care if they celebrate the walks, hit by pitch, hits, homers......if they win and they think it helps keep them motivated, fine by me!!
And I'm sure if Patty didn't want them to play the way they do, they wouldn't.
Thanks to the team and coaches for the great program!!

I really don't care if they celebrate the walks, hit by pitch, hits, homers......if they win and they think it helps keep them motivated, fine by me!!
And I'm sure if Patty didn't want them to play the way they do, they wouldn't.
Thanks to the team and coaches for the great program!!
It shows their excitement in the game and Patty has openly stated that she never wants to change that. It has worked for 4 national championships so why would Patty want to change anything. Truth is that a walk is as good as a single at getting someone on base. I was talking with a friend who is a Longhorn fan yesterday and he said that he knew OU was going to win because of the excitement for the team after walks down the stretch of Game 2. Texas was like a team in a deep trance while OU was excited to play.

I agree, but it's gotten better to some extent.

Maybe ESPN just shows less of it, but the dugout chanting when your team is up to bad seems to be way down from where it was, say, 5 years ago. I found that annoying. The itself has also evolved. When it was primarily the running in the box and slapping the ball on the ground, that was pretty much unwatchable to me. The game, at least for the really good teams, has changed. I didn't watch many regular season games, but I did follow the season from afar, and tuned in for the postseason. Patti has built one heck of a program.

I don't think the Brito-slam when getting walked is anywhere close to the Samantha Show tomahawk after hitting a homer or for whatever reason. That girl would tomahawk it towards the opponent's dugout with malice, while I believe Brito does it just because she's stoked she had patience at the plate and got on base rather than reaching and popping up and/or striking out. I think Patty said something about not liking it but allowing them to be themselves because that's how these kids just were - full of passion. I think there's def a fine line but they weren't excessive about it, to me.

I was really surprised to see that Hodge was going into the transfer portal. I thought she was just getting ready to be an everyday player.
But good luck to her on her new team!!

Back