Softball

If she ended up back at Stanford and I were a teammate of hers idk how i'd feel about that and her, moving forward. Sure, she's going out looking for the best NIL deal she can for the next 2 years, as undoubtedly she'll make more money these next 2 years than she will as a pro, but I'd still feel a little mixed about her as a teammate.

2025 OU Softball Roster (Sorted by Class)

2025 is Last Year of Eligibility
> Cydney Sanders / 1B / 5'8" / Senior / San Marcos, Calif (Arizona State)
> Sam Landry / RHP / 5'10" / Senior / Mont Belvieu, Texas (Louisiana)
> Isabella Smith / RHP / 5'8" / RS-Senior / Raleigh, NC (Campbell University)

2026 is Last Year of Eligibility
> Kierston Deal / LHP / 5'9" / Junior / Winston Salem, NC
> Paytn Monticelli / RHP / 6'1" / Junior / Cedarburg, Wisconsin (Wisconsin)
> Hanna Coor / OF / 5'9" / RS-Junior / Yorba Linda, California
> Ailana Agbayani / IF-RHP / 5'4" / Junior / Mililani Mauka, Hawai'i (BYU)
> Abby Dayton / OF / 5'3" / Junior / Riverside, California (Utah)
> Isabela Emerling / C/IF / 5'10" / RS-Junior / Martinez, Califoria (North Carolina)

2027 is Last Year of Eligibility
> Ella Parker / UTL / 5'8" / Sophomore / Los Angeles, California
> Kasidi Pickering / OF / 5'9" / Sophomore / Humble, Texas
> Maya Bland / OF / 5'7" / Sophomore / Argyle, Texas

2028 is Last Year of Eligibility
> Nelly McEnroe-Marinas / IF / 5'8" / RS-Freshman / Waianae, Hawaii
> Sydney Barker / MIF / Freshman / Rocklin, California
> Gabriella Garcia / MIF / Freshman / Chandler, Arizona
> Cheney Helton / OF / Freshman / Coweta, Oklahoma
> Corri Hicks / C-1B / Freshman / San Jose, California
> Audrey Lowry / LHP / Freshman / Pittsboro, Indiana
> Kadey McKay / MIF / Freshman / Caddo, Oklahoma
> Tia Malloy / MIF / Freshman / Redmond, Washington
> Riley Zache / C-IF / Freshman / Niles, Michigan

Recap of Freshman Class - Softball Signs Eight for 2024
Softball Signs Eight for 2024 - University of Oklahoma

One-Third: Seven (7) of the 21 players listed came to Oklahoma through the Transfer Portal. This includes seven of the nine upperclassmen (juniors and seniors).

2025 OU Softball Pitchers

> Sam Landry / RHP / 5'10" / Senior / Mont Belvieu, Texas (Louisiana)
> Isabella Smith / RHP / 5'8" / RS-Senior / Raleigh, NC (Campbell University)
> Kierston Deal / LHP / 5'9" / Junior / Winston Salem, NC
> Paytn Monticelli / RHP / 6'1" / Junior / Cedarburg, Wisconsin (Wisconsin)
> Audrey Lowry / LHP / Freshman / Pittsboro, Indiana

Plus ... Ailana Agbayani / IF-RHP / 5'4" / Junior / Mililani Mauka, Hawai'i (BYU)

And ... Ella Parker was a pitcher in her younger days.

If she ended up back at Stanford and I were a teammate of hers idk how i'd feel about that and her, moving forward. Sure, she's going out looking for the best NIL deal she can for the next 2 years, as undoubtedly she'll make more money these next 2 years than she will as a pro, but I'd still feel a little mixed about her as a teammate.
Canady to Texas Tech. according to Espn.

Last edited:
yeah, Canady proves that the NIL $$$ was what mattered most. I don't blame her - a whopping $1.2million/season is hard to pass on, HOWEVER I don't believe she'll leave softball as an NCAA champion, which could very well keep her from being considered a GOAT. Especially if her team doesn't even make the WCWS the next 2 seasons, which i'm not sold that they will. It takes more than just a good arm, IMO, but perhaps time will prove me wrong on that front?!

yeah, Canady proves that the NIL $$$ was what mattered most. I don't blame her - a whopping $1.2million/season is hard to pass on, HOWEVER I don't believe she'll leave softball as an NCAA champion, which could very well keep her from being considered a GOAT. Especially if her team doesn't even make the WCWS the next 2 seasons, which i'm not sold that they will. It takes more than just a good arm, IMO, but perhaps time will prove me wrong on that front?!
just a difference of opinion, not being hateful. goat is greatest of all time...that player.......she can make players better around her, but cannot make them a championship team without a certain level of talent within the other players, Plus, I am not sure with Tech's new coach and recruiting, it might not happen.........plus those goat, the best of all time, the greatest player ever, is subjective. To date, I have never seen a player as good as Caitlin Clark? Never seen anyone play the game the way she does. And soon it will be someone else and all during these same times there are people playing on a lesser stage who could be argued to be the best ever to play the game. Canady should have gone where to be a goat? Best guarantee....Tex, ok, fl state, maybe even Stanford would recruit to support her.................She has the ability to make money, influence other young women of color of how to make money and also increase the value of the sport, help bring a following and championships to a program that is struggling rather than go where it is already built, etc. Just my humble opinion....peace

One thing i noticed is the NIL deal is only for 1 year, at least per the article I read. I've had a couple friends who follow say they wouldn't be shocked if she transferred after 1 season, which if they don't produce as a team, I wouldn't blame her. Great players like her deserve to have talent surrounding them, and i'm still on the fence on whether Tech as enough talent incoming to get them to the WCWS and beyond. I suppose only time will tell!

One thing i noticed is the NIL deal is only for 1 year, at least per the article I read. I've had a couple friends who follow say they wouldn't be shocked if she transferred after 1 season, which if they don't produce as a team, I wouldn't blame her. Great players like her deserve to have talent surrounding them, and i'm still on the fence on whether Tech as enough talent incoming to get them to the WCWS and beyond. I suppose only time will tell!
Go get paid and then transfer to OU for a shot to win a title.

Makes sense to me!

NIL must tick off some players. You have 1 player making a ton of money. I am sure they are throwing money out in basketball for Mathurin and Chavez. It is sad that players pick colleges on how much they will get paid. I guess it is a money world.

Back