Softball

I was really surprised to see that Hodge was going into the transfer portal. I thought she was just getting ready to be an everyday player.
But good luck to her on her new team!!
Dang that sucks

I don't know if Patty is that petty lol but perhaps? Hodge is the only one that is even remotely significant. I was actually hoping Lilio and Gueren would leave so that we could by chance replace them with better players that could actually contribute. I don't think Gueren is even division one level, definitely not P5, but I hope they all find someplace They are happy at. Hodge makes me think that it could be something to do with elements outside of softball, kind of like the Jordy Bahl thing. Whatever, I think she certainly replaceable talent wise and I think we will have plenty opportunities to find talented kids to bring in, hopefully soon!

I don't know if Patty is that petty lol but perhaps? Hodge is the only one that is even remotely significant. I was actually hoping Lilio and Gueren would leave so that we could by chance replace them with better players that could actually contribute. I don't think Gueren is even division one level, definitely not P5, but I hope they all find someplace They are happy at. Hodge makes me think that it could be something to do with elements outside of softball, kind of like the Jordy Bahl thing. Whatever, I think she certainly replaceable talent wise and I think we will have plenty opportunities to find talented kids to bring in, hopefully soon!
I expect SJ to be a starter on a core 4 team next season ..

I see that Canady from Stanford is supposed to hit the portal....any chance that she is headed here??

I've been told there's a good chance she is. Apparently at the WCWS there were a lot of mumblings about her being approached by the sooners already. Something about a 300K NIL deal boosters were offering period I hope that's not true as you are not allowed to poach it players prior to portal entry. Now if she does end up in Norman that would automatically put us back into the conversation for title contender!

Gasso just posted a 'Go Boomer!' post on X

Wonder who it could be??? Prob too early for Canady, but here's to hoping!!!

I've been told there's a good chance she is. Apparently at the WCWS there were a lot of mumblings about her being approached by the sooners already. Something about a 300K NIL deal boosters were offering period I hope that's not true as you are not allowed to poach it players prior to portal entry. Now if she does end up in Norman that would automatically put us back into the conversation for title contender!
It's not against the rules for somebody other than OU to reach out to Canady or her family. Especially her family (handler).

Patty just posted another GO BOOMER tweet on X, however this time it had SIX exclamation marks! Does this mean it's someone BIG?!

Patty just posted another GO BOOMER tweet on X, however this time it had SIX exclamation marks! Does this mean it's someone BIG?!
It must be big!!!

Whoever it is, I would like to welcome her to OU as well as

Isabela Emerling, catcher (UNC)​

and

Abby Dayton, outfielder (Utah)​

Just read where we got another infielder....maybe shortstop?

• Ailana Agbayani, IF, BYU

Last edited:
she has to at some point before school starts up, there's no deadline as far as I know. So we could be sitting waiting for another 3 weeks. At this point, I don't believe she's coming to Norman, otherwise we wouldn't have picked up a second transfer pitcher, but you just never know. If she does come, great, but there will be some creativity trying to get everyone playing time. I also don't believe these 2 transfer-in veterans would have come if they knew Canady were coming. Who would want to sit in their final season behind another pitcher, knowing they were the ace and could have been the ace had they stayed at their previous program? I hope i'm wrong, but this is just my thought process.

I really, really hope she doesn't end up at UT or Florida. I'd be more accepting of it if she ended up at FSU, I like their coach a lot!

Back